Need a recliner for two, but don’t have quite enough space? A chair and a half recliner is the solution for you! Scroll below for some of the best chair and a half recliners, as well as useful info on their different types and best features.
Comparison Table: Best Chair and a Half Recliners
|1||Ashley Furniture Design Lounger Recliner - Extra Long Chair and a Half Recliner||Ashley Furniture Design||98|
|2||Signature Design Damacio Wide Recliner - Chair and a Half Leather Power Recliner||Signature Design||96|
|3||Ashley Austere Power Recliner - Thick Backed Chair and a Half Power Recliner||Ashley||97|
|4||Ashley Furniture Design Wide Recliner - Wide Seat Chair and a Half Recliner||Ashley Furniture Design||97|
|5||Simmons Shiloh Rocker Recliner - Chair and a Half Rocker Recliner||Simmons||95|
What is a ‘Chair and a Half’ Recliner?
A chair and a half recliner is precisely what the name sounds like: it’s a recliner chair that is wider than a usual recliner but not wider than a loveseat or double-wide recliner. Originally the term was used casually by folk but has now been adopted by several recliner manufacturers in recent years to name their extra-wide recliner chairs.
Chair and a half recliners are bought for two main reasons:
- For Larger Individuals – it makes sense that one would want to buy a chair and a half recliner for extra wide comfort. Larger and wider individuals or those that just love to snuggle into their sofas should consider looking at ‘chair and a half’ recliners too.
- To Save Space – Believe it or not, chair and a half recliners are purchased to save on space, even though they sound like they should be larger than the ordinary recliner. If you have a small apartment and you’re looking for a recliner loveseat or a recliner for two, but haven’t got the space for it, you can very likely fit a chair and a half recliner in its stead.
Different Types of Chair and a Half Recliners
Just like ordinary recliner chairs, there are different kinds of chair and a half recliners:
- Chair and a Half Rocker Recliners – Chair and a half rocker recliners are extra wide and supremely comfortable. It allows you to rock back and forth with more than enough space to cuddle up with pets, kids or a significant other who is petite.
- Chair and a Half Lounger Recliners – A lounger recliner is one that has a very long seat, in some cases spanning up to twice as long as the recliner itself. A chair and a half lounger recliner is extra wide and super long, making it great for use as a guest bed or a family recliner that doesn’t take up as much space as a full reclining loveseat.
- Chair and a Half Power Recliners – A power recliner is electronic and powered by two individual motors, one for each the headrest and leg rest. These chair and a half recliners allow you to adjust them to the precise position you desire, offering personalized comfort to the user!
Best Features of Chair and a Half Recliners
The below features are some of the best that chair and a half recliners can come inclusive with:
- Wall Space Saving – Zero wall recliners or wall hugging recliners don’t need nearly as much wall space to recline. In fact, many of them recline away from the wall, requiring no wall space whatsoever.
- Innerspring Cushioning – Foam that has been layered around sinuous coils or individually pocketed springs make for the best recliner seat padding! The combination creates the best support and the most comfortable cushioning, giving an unbeatable relaxation experience when reclined.
- Waterproof Upholstery – Particularly a pro if you intend to sit with drinks in the recliner or have kids. Waterproof upholstery such as bonded leather will make all the difference when you can just wipe any spill clean with a cloth, without damaging the recliner.
- Corner Blocked – Corner or edge blocked recliners have leg rests that extend all the way to the corners of the recliners base. This gives more leg room (which also means more cuddle room!) to the user, significantly boosting the recliner’s comfort.
- Lumbar Support – Lumbar support is essential if you like to spend long hours in your recliner. Without adequate lumbar support, one can easily run into back troubles at a later stage. Look to see if the recliner has rolls or ridges in the backrest as an indication of good back and lumbar support.
Chair and a Half Recliner Reviews
Have a look at the below chair and a half recliners and pick your favorite!
- This chair and a half recliner is wide and long enough to comfortably sit a small family in an apartment or studio setup!
- The plush arms and backrest ensure optimal support when cuddling into this luxurious lounger recliner.
- Pull the lever on the side to recline while having your legs laid out before you in style, comfort and a feeling of opulence.
- This recliner chair and a half doubles up as a guest bed in a tight spot and is capable of reclining to the length of a full-sized bed!
- The edges of the recliner leg rest are corner blocked, encouraging maximum room for cuddling and relaxing.
- This superior chair and a half recliner is upholstered with a blend of superior top grain leather and vinyl for durability and waterproofing!
- The metal frame is sturdy and can take up to two people at a time on the extra wide seat.
- One can recline into infinite positions, making full use of the power recline feature to adjust to your desired angle.
- The backrest provides exceptional lumbar support, being stuffed densely in the right area to keep your spine correctly aligned.
- This recliner chair and a half is a zero wall recliner, meaning that it reclines away from the wall and may be pushed up right against the wall.
- This recliner will accentuate many living interiors with it’s austerely vintage design, leather upholstery and accented arm rests.
- The backrest of the recliner is heavily ribbed for optimal spinal and lumbar support, ensuring you remain comfortable while seated.
- The edges of the leg rest extend to the corners of the recliner, as does the seat nearly, providing the best amount of sitting (or cuddling) space to the user.
- The power recliner feature allows you to adjust the leg rest and headrest independently of one another, making it convenient to select your favorite position.
- You do not need much wall space for this chair and half recliner as it reclines away from the wall.
- Another superior chair and a half recliner from the Ashley Furniture design collection, this recliner is soft and impeccably comfortable!
- Upholstered in a durable microfiber that is smooth to the touch, the material is stain resistant and easy to maintain.
- The recliner has an extra wide seat, allowing you to cuddle up with your kids or pets with ease.
- The corner blocked edges of the footrest promote extra leg room for additional comfort.
- The armrests, and backrest are padded extra plumply for superior comfort and provide excellent support.
- Available in a neutral color to compliment most interiors from an aesthetic perspective.
- This classic chair and a half recliner made by Simmons is one of a kind, made from the best quality hardwood that will remain intact for years to come.
- The seating and padding have been implanted with sinuous inner springs that are designed to cradle your shape comfortably.
- Upholstered in a luxurious bonded leather that feels velvety smooth, the chair is easy to wipe clean and maintain in fabulous condition.
- With fantastic back support and ultra thick armrests, you will be in recliner heaven and will not want to move once seated!
- On top of all these superior features, this recliner chair and a half doubles up as a rocker recliner and is great for soothing stress.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table: Best Chair and a Half Recliners
- What is a ‘Chair and a Half’ Recliner?
- Different Types of Chair and a Half Recliners
- Best Features of Chair and a Half Recliners
- Chair and a Half Recliner Reviews
- Ashley Furniture Design Lounger Recliner Extra Long Chair and a Half Recliner
- Signature Design Damacio Wide Recliner Chair and a Half Leather Power Recliner
- Ashley Austere Power Recliner Thick Backed Chair and a Half Power Recliner
- Ashley Furniture Design Wide Recliner Wide Seat Chair and a Half Recliner
- Simmons Shiloh Rocker Recliner Chair and a Half Rocker Recliner