If you are in need of a recliner for an elderly relative or senior patient under your care, you have landed on the right page! It can be difficult for the elderly to maneuver around and sometimes they are incapable of leaving a wheelchair. A recliner for the elderly is a very useful and beneficial piece of furniture that can allow one to be comfortable all day long. Let’s take a look at the best recliners for the elderly in some more detail.
Index Table for the Best Recliners for the Elderly
|1||Monarch Specialties Swivel Rocker Recliner - Bonded Leather Stylish Senior Recliner||Monarch Specialties||96|
|2||Medline Fully Adjustable Elderly Recliner - Infinitely Adjustable Senior Recliner Wheel Chair||Medline||95|
|3||GMS Luxury Swivel Rocker Recliner - Plush Bonded Leather Recliner for Seniors||GMS||97|
|4||Medlift Recliner Sleeper For the Elderly - Soft Padded Heated Senior Recliner Sleeper||Medlift||98|
|5||Drive Medical Geriatric Recliner Wheel Chair - Mobile Recliner for Seniors and Elderly Patients||Drive Medical||92|
|6||Standers Elderly Seat Assistance - Ergonomical Safety Support Handle for the Elderly||Standers||96|
Cathartic Health Benefits of Rocker Recliners for the Elderly
After living out your life working hard and perhaps under pressure, it’s understandable that many senior citizens wish to live a more relaxed and peaceful lifestyle. Some of the conditions the elderly find themselves facing demand it, such as advanced Parkinson’s Disease. Reclining back in a rocker recliner can help to ease tension or pressure on the body.
Studies have shown that anxiety and stress contribute to the progression of aging, as well as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease. Resting frequently and keeping calm in a recliner can give these patients some relief and provide optimal comfort in their day-to-day. Reclining also improves blood flow and helps with gastric reflux in seniors who battle to digest. If a senior relative of yours suffers from swollen ankles or limbs, reclining can also contribute to reducing any discomfort by enhancing blood flow.
Buying Considerations When Purchasing Wheelchair Recliners For Seniors
While a wheelchair can’t provide the same level of comfort a rocker recliner for seniors and elderly can, its practical uses are unmatched. If you are caring for a senior patient who needs to move around a lot to the hospital or who is still active for their age, a wheelchair that can recline is a good idea.
Depending on who will be using the wheelchair, make sure you choose one that uses a breathable material. The wheels of the chair should have enough friction that the chair does not move around on its own. Some wheelchair recliners come with a tray, which is incredibly useful for disabled elderly to eat food, read a book or write/draw. Make sure that the leg support covers the full span of the legs and does not leave a gap, or this could create discomfort.
Top 5 Best Features of Recliners for Seniors and Elderly
- Grip – the most important part of a recliner for elderly individuals is grip because they require support. Handles to grip on to help fragile elderly to move to and from the chair. They also assist you to push the chair if it’s a wheelchair recliner.
- Height – If the height of any recliner does not match one’s body proportion, it will cause more harm than good! Make sure to read the dimensions and select a recliner for seniors that supports their backs, necks, legs, and feet completely.
- Pockets – You are going to need to have side pockets in the recliner chair, especially if the elderly person going to use it will be spending the majority of the day there.
- Neck Support – putting emphasis on supporting the neck is essential for elderly, especially if they already have uncomfortable back posturing. When one strains the neck, it can cause a lot of pain or worsen certain age-related disorders by blocking oxygen supply to the brain.
- Breathable Upholstery – Make sure the upholstery used is breathable and that it won’t allow one to sweat after sitting in it. If the chair is for a patient that tends to make a mess, however, one can cover the chair in a breathable fabric and should take advantage of a non-breathable, easy-to-clean upholstery.
Recliner Reviews For Seniors and Elderly Individuals
Be sure to have a look at our below selection of the best recliners for the elderly for more information!
- One of the the most sophisticated recliner armchairs on the market, this recliner could become your elderly relative’s most cherished possession.
- The senior recliner comes equipped with neck support and full leg support, padded at all pressure points for maximum relaxation.
- This recliner not only rocks, but it can swivel 360 degrees too, giving one more living space options.
- The length is 30 inches; the width is 36 inches, and the total height is 40 inches.
- The gliding or reclining mechanism is very easy to use, effortlessly pull the lever and stop when you have reached your desired angle of inclination.
- This is one of the best wheel chair recliners currently available, offering a 90 to 140 degree angle of inclination.
- The chair is on four wheels, making it able to support more weight than other wheelchairs.
- Made using an easy to clean upholstery and allows the patient to breathe through their pores in the skin.
- There is plenty of supports for the patient to grip onto inside the wheelchair recliner.
- The back of the chair has an area you can hang light bags off of, as long as you do not exceed 350 lbs in total!
- This is a very impressive “11-in-1” recliner, allowing you to rock, swivel full circle and recline to relax completely.
- Every surface on this elderly recliner rocker is padded, and it comes with many pockets and drinks holders for convenience.
- The neck support is fully adjustable and allows one to select their optimal rest position.
- This rocker recliner for seniors and elderly also comes with the option of a low-level vibrational massage and inbuilt heating!
- The glide mechanism is easily operable with a hassle-free lever.
- The upholstery is in black bonded leather, making it not only a stylish and comfortable choice of a senior recliner but easy to maintain and keep clean.
- If you are looking for the functionality of a recliner armchair and a bed, this is the senior citizen recliner for you!
- Glide back all the way to 180 degrees using the manual lever system without even thinking about it.
- Has optional heating and mild vibrational massage technology included, which can be switched on or off with the click of a button.
- The dimensions include a height of 43.5 inches and a depth of 42 inches. The width is 33 inches across.
- Covered in a breathable, luxuriously velvety, micro plush cover.
- This is one of the best medical wheel chairs on the market, ideal for patients undergoing kidney dialysis, blood collection and more.
- The recliner can recline back into four different positions, which are upright, TV, full Recline, and the Trendelenburg position.
- The chair runs off of a gas mechanism, allowing for a smooth rise and fall.
- The upholstery is made using foam and vinyl, which is easy to clean but you may want to find a cotton cover for the chair to prevent excess heat from building up.
- Lastly, this wheelchair recliner comes with attached and movable trays which can be used as a desk or table to eat on.
- If your parents or grandparents struggle to stand up from a seated position, this product will aid them to stand.
- The simple handle works by attaching to the base of a recliner armchair or any other chair and providing a place one can hold onto as one gets up.
- The base has a place for the feet to assert some grip as well.
- You can adjust the support to any height required.
- The handle has a pocket where you can put the TV remote or a favorite book.
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best Recliners for the Elderly
- Cathartic Health Benefits of Rocker Recliners for the Elderly
- Buying Considerations When Purchasing Wheelchair Recliners For Seniors
- Top 5 Best Features of Recliners for Seniors and Elderly
- Recliner Reviews For Seniors and Elderly Individuals
- Monarch Specialties Swivel Rocker Recliner Bonded Leather Stylish Senior Recliner
- Medline Fully Adjustable Elderly Recliner Infinitely Adjustable Senior Recliner Wheel Chair
- GMS Luxury Swivel Rocker Recliner Plush Bonded Leather Recliner for Seniors
- Medlift Recliner Sleeper For the Elderly Soft Padded Heated Senior Recliner Sleeper
- Drive Medical Geriatric Recliner Wheel Chair Mobile Recliner for Seniors and Elderly Patients
- Standers Elderly Seat Assistance Ergonomical Safety Support Handle for the Elderly