If you are in need of a recliner for an elderly relative or senior patient under your care, you have landed on the right page!
Best Rated Seniors and Elderly Recliners To Buy in 2020:
Monarch Specialties Swivel Rocker Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Medline Fully Adjustable Elderly Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
SUNCOO Massage Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
It can be difficult for the elderly to maneuver around and sometimes they are incapable of leaving a wheelchair.
A recliner for the elderly is a very useful and beneficial piece of furniture that can allow one to be comfortable all day long. Let’s take a look at the best recliners for the elderly in some more detail.
Cathartic Health Benefits of Rocker Recliners for the Elderly
After living out your life working hard and perhaps under pressure, it’s understandable that many senior citizens wish to live a more relaxed and peaceful lifestyle.
Some of the conditions the elderly find themselves facing demand it, such as advanced Parkinson’s Disease. Reclining back in a rocker recliner can help to ease tension or pressure on the body.
Studies have shown that anxiety and stress contribute to the progression of aging, as well as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease.
Resting frequently and keeping calm in a recliner can give these patients some relief and provide optimal comfort in their day-to-day.
Reclining also improves blood flow and helps with gastric reflux in seniors who battle to digest.
If a senior relative of yours suffers from swollen ankles or limbs, reclining can also contribute to reducing any discomfort by enhancing blood flow.
Buying Considerations When Purchasing Wheelchair Recliners For Seniors
While a wheelchair can’t provide the same level of comfort a rocker recliner for seniors and elderly can, its practical uses are unmatched.
If you are caring for a senior patient who needs to move around a lot to the hospital or who is still active for their age, a wheelchair that can recline is a good idea.
Depending on who will be using the wheelchair, make sure you choose one that uses a breathable material.
The wheels of the chair should have enough friction that the chair does not move around on its own.
Some wheelchair recliners come with a tray, which is incredibly useful for disabled elderly to eat food, read a book or write/draw.
Make sure that the leg support covers the full span of the legs and does not leave a gap, or this could create discomfort.
Features of Good Recliner for Elderly
- Grip – the most important part of a recliner for elderly individuals is grip because they require support. Handles to grip on to help fragile elderly to move to and from the chair. They also assist you to push the chair if it’s a wheelchair recliner.
- Height – If the height of any recliner does not match one’s body proportion, it will cause more harm than good! Make sure to read the dimensions and select a recliner for seniors that supports their backs, necks, legs, and feet completely.
- Pockets – You are going to need to have side pockets in the recliner chair, especially if the elderly person going to use it will be spending the majority of the day there.
- Neck Support – putting emphasis on supporting the neck is essential for the elderly, especially if they already have uncomfortable back posturing. When one strains the neck, it can cause a lot of pain or worsen certain age-related disorders by blocking oxygen supply to the brain.
- Breathable Upholstery – Make sure the upholstery used is breathable and that it won’t allow one to sweat after sitting in it. If the chair is for a patient that tends to make a mess, however, one can cover the chair with a breathable fabric and should take advantage of a non-breathable, easy-to-clean upholstery.
Reviews: Best Seniors and Elderly Recliners
Be sure to have a look at our below selection of the best recliners for the elderly for more information!
- One of the the most sophisticated recliner armchairs on the market, this recliner could become your elderly relative’s most cherished possession.
- The senior recliner comes equipped with neck support and full leg support, padded at all pressure points for maximum relaxation.
- This recliner not only rocks, but it can swivel 360 degrees too, giving one more living space options.
- The length is 30 inches; the width is 36 inches, and the total height is 40 inches.
- The gliding or reclining mechanism is very easy to use, effortlessly pull the lever and stop when you have reached your desired angle of inclination.
- Electric power lift assists elderly individuals and others with sitting and standing.
- Comforting massage feature uses quiet yet powerful motors that target sore back, thigh, and calf muscles.
- Warming heat adds even more comfort to this seat, making it one of the best recliners for elderly we’ve found.
- 160-degree recline feature allows for complete relaxation whether simply relaxing or fast asleep. Swivels 360 degrees, adding even more versatility. Durable wood and iron frame, supports individuals up to 385 pounds.
- Soft, comfortable PU leather is attractive and easy to clean.
- Dual cupholders and roomy side pockets enhance usability so drinks, reading materials, and other essentials are always nearby.
- Fully reclines to 160 degrees – perfect for reading, relaxing, watching TV, and napping.
- Comfortable, easy-care PU upholstery with memory foam padding for luxurious support.
- TUV motor provides quiet performance during lifting functions; sturdy metal frame supports weights up to 330 pounds.
- Connected controls activate lift, recline, heat, and massage functions. Eight massage nodes target the back, lumbar region, calves, and thighs.
- Roomy side pockets hold all the essentials.
- Dual cup holders keep beverages, remotes, and other small items nearby.
- Reclines fully for those who prefer to sleep lying flat.
- Durable metal base and powerful motor provide a combination of reliable support and smooth lifting power. Suitable for weights up to 300 pounds.
- Plush, luxurious upholstery with ample padding for outstanding comfort in all positions.
- Roomy side pocket holds books, magazines, medications, and other essentials.
- Side loop keeps wired remote control nearby.
- This is one of the best medical wheel chairs on the market, ideal for patients undergoing kidney dialysis, blood collection and more.
- The recliner can recline back into four different positions, which are upright, TV, full Recline, and the Trendelenburg position.
- The chair runs off of a gas mechanism, allowing for a smooth rise and fall.
- The upholstery is made using foam and vinyl, which is easy to clean but you may want to find a cotton cover for the chair to prevent excess heat from building up.
- Lastly, this wheelchair recliner comes with attached and movable trays which can be used as a desk or table to eat on.
- If your parents or grandparents struggle to stand up from a seated position, this product will aid them to stand.
- The simple handle works by attaching to the base of a recliner armchair or any other chair and providing a place one can hold onto as one gets up.
- The base has a place for the feet to assert some grip as well.
- You can adjust the support to any height required.
- The handle has a pocket where you can put the TV remote or a favorite book.
Need a lift? We’ve got you covered with an ultra-comfortable, supportive recliner that offers more than just the basics.
- Durable metal base with lifting motor, supports up to 320 pounds
- Thick, luxurious upholstery in soft, neutral grey looks fantastic in any room
- Heat and massage functions help you relax, targeting the back, lumbar, thigh, and calf regions
- Reclines fully and tilts back for relaxing while reading, watching TV, or socializing
- Helpful extras include a side pocket, dual cupholders, and a handy USB port to keep your favorite device charged and ready
The U-Max offer all the functions required by individuals who need that extra bit of care and who struggle with mobility.
A power lift chair, with heat and vibration features to soothe and relax you.
- Available in a black, brown and coffee color option.
- Soft and durable PU leather upholstery, and padded with an extra thick sponge.
- Padded back, seat, head, and armrest.
- Electrically power lift system.
- Wall hugging design to save space.
- Remote controlled functions.
- Two wheels for easy movement of the chair.
- A further two cup holders and four storage bags.
- Vibration and heating for healthy blood circulation.
- Nine recline positions up to 130 degrees.
Soft and supportive! That’s just the beginning: This relaxing recliner is packed with features to ensure that you stay comfortable in every position.
- Back remains slightly elevated when fully reclined, ideal for those with digestive complaints and other issues that prevent lying flat
- Angles back perfectly for reading and watching TV
- TUV Certified lift motor aids seniors and others who need help standing; supports weights up to 320 pounds
- Full body massage and lumbar heating features work together or independently
- 9 massage modes with 5 intensities – choose the one that feels best to you
- Supportive springs in well-padded seat and back
- Pillowtop arms with built-in cupholders for added convenience
- Large dual side pockets keep essentials nearby
- USB outlets keep devices charged and ready for enjoyment
- Soft cloth upholstery resists pilling and felting
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best lift recliner?
The best lift recliners for the elderly should be supportive all-round and must be easy to operate. All lift recliners use electric or battery power, and as such, most of them also have an electronic recline mechanism. The reclining chairs for the elderly mentioned in the reviews are excellent and can be used by other individuals.
Does Medicare cover lift recliners?
Lift chairs cost more than the regular recliners, yet they are often needed by the aged and those with mobility issues, individuals who may not have the means to afford it. To aid in the cost of lift recliners, Medicare covers the lift mechanism as durable medical equipment (DME). However, this aid is only for those covered under Medicare Part B or Part C. Also, your doctor or a Medicare Representative has to approve that the lift mechanism is necessary for your medical condition.
What features should I look for in a power lift recliner?
As the name suggests, a power lift recliner uses electronic means to recline, raise and lower the chair. When searching for the best recliners for seniors, you need to factor in the chair’s maneuverability and the comfort it provides. Ensure that it is well padded, sturdy and that the lift mechanism is not prone to malfunctioning. The presence of battery support, cup-holders, side pockets, and massage plus heat features makes for greater comfort.
How much weight can a lift chair hold?
Just like most furniture, lift recliners come in different dimensions and have maximum capacities that vary between 300-500lbs. You can find both big and small recliners for the elderly and whoever will use the lift chair. Just ensure that the one you choose is proportional to your weight, size, and room space by measuring the width, height, and space it takes before purchasing.
How much does a lift chair recliner cost?
The major demerit of lift recliners is the very steep cost associated with it. This cost can be reduced if you have health insurance coverage and your doctor recommends the chair. If this is not your situation, but you want to have a lift chair in your home, you can always find one within a reasonable budget range.
Are lift chairs safe for the elderly?
A lift chair recliner is motorized to raise or lower its back and base so that the user stands up or sits down easily. It is primarily designed for those with difficulty sitting down and standing due to old age, sickness or surgery. The elderly are part of this group, so this recliner is excellent and safe for them.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Best Rated Seniors and Elderly Recliners To Buy in 2020:
- Cathartic Health Benefits of Rocker Recliners for the Elderly
- Buying Considerations When Purchasing Wheelchair Recliners For Seniors
- Features of Good Recliner for Elderly
- Reviews: Best Seniors and Elderly Recliners
- Monarch Specialties Swivel Rocker Recliner Bonded Leather Stylish Senior Recliner
- 4HOMART Electric Power Lift Chair
- Mecor Lift Recliner for Elderly
- Irene House Lays Flat Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair for Elderly
- Drive Medical Geriatric Recliner Wheel Chair Mobile Recliner for Seniors and Elderly Patients
- Standers Elderly Seat Assistance Ergonomical Safety Support Handle for the Elderly
- YODOLLA Electric Power Recliner Chair
- U-Max Power Lift Lifting Recliner for the Elderly
- YODOLLA Electric Power Recliner Chair
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)