Does your neck or back give you unprecedented aches and pains every single day? There is probably something wrong with the way you posture yourself, and it needn’t be because of how you like to stand. This article is here to help you understand more about what you can do to help alleviate back pain and keep that posture happy and healthy with the right ergonomic reclining chair.
Comparison Table: Best Ergonomic Recliners
|1||Cozzia Zero Gravity Power Recliner - Ergonomic Black Leather Recliner Chair||Cozzia||98|
|2||Oslo Collection Ergonomic Recliner Chair - Premium Swivel Recliner With Ottoman||Oslo Collection||97|
|3||Viva Office Sporty Reclining Chair - Bonded Leather Sporty Ergonomic Office Chair||Viva Office||96|
|4||Fjords Admiral Recliner Chair - Ergonomical Design Recliner Chair & Ottoman||Fjords||98|
|5||Lafer Kiri Recliner Chair - Ergonomic Modern Swivel Recliner Chair||Lafer||98|
Why is Correct Posture Critical to My Health?
When we sit at odd angles often or frequently stand with incorrect posture, we are informing our bodies of how we wish them to stand naturally. Our bodies will then begin to develop muscles and adapt to these strange positions, much like it does when we teach ourselves how to play a new sport or instrument. However, when our bodies compensate for these positions where our spinal column is no longer straight, our muscles begin to form strangely, often causing stiffness on one or both sides of the spine. Prolonged incorrect posture like this can lead to back, neck and hip pain if we are not careful.
The spine can also easily dislocate itself or create a slipped disc (also known as a herniated disc). When stiffness occurs in our necks from craning our necks at odd angles, it can also block off oxygen to the brain, which leads to symptoms such as tiredness, lethargy, fatigue, stress and less clarity of mind. Furthermore, this stiffness can lead to terrifying complications such as fibromyalgia or scoliosis! To prevent these symptoms, it’s imperative to keep a good healthy posture.
What Can I do To Help Alleviate My Immediate Back Pain?
If the above depiction sounds like you and your back or neck is in pain, there are a few things you can do to help yourself immediately:
- Take Anti-Inflammatory Medication or Pain Killers – before resorting to this, however, make sure you are not already taking contradictory medication. For those with chronic conditions, consult with a medical practitioner first.
- Immerse Yourself In a Green Tea Bath – Green Tea is a potent anti-inflammatory that can be of use to those suffering from swelling or back pain. It will not cure your symptoms, but it can reduce the pain momentarily, perhaps enough to allow one to sleep unless one has a serious condition such as scoliosis.
- Apply Some Arnica Gel – Arnica Gel is a potent anti-inflammatory, and after some exciting tingling sensations, it can release you from your immediate pain! However, it will not cure you and should not be used all the time to mask the pain without having the actual problem tended to.
- Practise Good Posture – ultimately you need to have a good posture and re-educate your body as to how it should be standing. This is easier said than done, which is why orthotics such as ergonomic recliner chairs can help.
- Invest in Ergonomic Furnishings – Orthotics such as ergonomic recliner chairs, memory foam mattresses, orthopedic insoles and even down to the right car seat pillows will help you to keep a good posture and alleviate pressure off the back and neck.
- See A Masseuse Or Chiropractor – You may need a little bit of help to get your spine straight, depending on the severity of your back pains and condition. A masseuse is likely all someone with mild symptoms needs, but in some cases, a chiropractor is required to help re-align the back.
Best Ergonomic Recliner Chair Features
Ergonomic recliners are one of the nicest ways to relax at home, take pressure off the back and help you maintain an excellent posture. Here are some of the best features of ergonomic recliner chairs available on the market.
The Best Ergonomic Recliner Reviews
Down below lies our selection of the best ergonomic recliner chairs we could source online.
- The cozzia power zero gravity power recliner chair is a favourite chair featured on our site for several good reasons!
- The base is made of a solid, sturdy beechwood which will last for many years.
- The chair is covered in stylish, easy-to-clean bonded leather which covers thick padded segments of premium high-density foam.
- At the push of a single button, recline back into zero gravity position or select your favorite intensity for a heated massage.
- Since this is a power recliner, you can adjust the headrest and leg rest independently, allowing you to rest in any position of preference.
- This premium Norwegian leatherback recliner chair was crafted from a combination of the finest quality woods for long lasting effect.
- Fully adjustable, the headrest can be lowered or lifted depending on where you like it.
- The leg rest is an ottoman that can be moved any way you like or left to the side to make the most comfortable ergonomic office chair.
- This chair is upholstered in the most excellent quality top grain leather for a smooth, luxurious feel.
- Each section of the chair is ergonomically padded for Posturpedic perfection and ultimate back support.
- This recliner chair uses a simple knob to adjust the backrest to recline at any angle you so desire and can swivel round in a full circle.
- This chair is the best ergonomic office chair, designed to perfectly support your posture while at the office desk.
- The back and lumbar pads are double stuffed with the best high-density foam for maximized comfort.
- Take a nap during your work break by simply reclining in the chair, allowing all the pressure to fade away for a while.
- The base of the chair is conveniently on wheels and swivels round full circle.
- Pneumatically powered, this chair can recline back at a 45-degree angle or be lifted up and down.
- The fully adjustable arm rests are stuffed to support you better while at work.
- Ideal for office use, gaming or sitting at the computer in a comfortable manner.
- Can only handle a weight of up to 250 pounds.
- The Admiral Recliner Chair from the Fjords Collection has been designed to catch your weight, allowing your body to determine how far back it reclines.
- Layered with cold cure molded foam, the seat is incredibly comfortable and will have you sinking into it in a matter of seconds.
- The frame is made from cherry wood and constructed in a stylish C shape.
- Reclining back in this recliner is healthy for your blood circulation and will alleviate pressure off your back in a way unique to your body type.
- The padding retains its shape for longer than standard recliner chairs, as Fjords uses a secret method to retain quality for years to come.
- Covered in high-quality genuine leather.
- This trendy recliner chair is made from one long piece of body contouring foam, ergonomically designed to capture the weight of your entire body.
- The footrest is retractable, allowing it to look like a snazzy office chair or become a full recliner in a matter of seconds.
- Covered in the best full grain leather for an amazingly smooth texture sensation.
- The base is slip-proof and allows you to swivel in a full circle.
- The headrest is fully adjustable, and the arms dip lower when you recline in the chair.
- Designed ergonomically for the best back support results.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table: Best Ergonomic Recliners
- Why is Correct Posture Critical to My Health?
- What Can I do To Help Alleviate My Immediate Back Pain?
- Best Ergonomic Recliner Chair Features
- The Best Ergonomic Recliner Reviews
- Cozzia Zero Gravity Power Recliner Ergonomic Black Leather Recliner Chair
- Oslo Collection Ergonomic Recliner Chair Premium Swivel Recliner With Ottoman
- Viva Office Sporty Reclining Chair Bonded Leather Sporty Ergonomic Office Chair
- Fjords Admiral Recliner Chair Ergonomical Design Recliner Chair & Ottoman
- Lafer Kiri Recliner Chair Ergonomic Modern Swivel Recliner Chair