Who said bigger is better? Petite recliners can be just as comfortable (if not more) as oversized recliner chairs for the right person. In this buyer’s guide, we will cover the benefits of purchasing petite recliners, what they should be made from for durability and quality, as well as some of their best features.
Why Buy A Petite Recliner?
If you take a look at what’s trending, it may surprise some of you to see that petite recliners are quite a popular choice in our day and age. It seems counter-intuitive when one can purchase an oversized recliner chair that can accommodate all shapes and sizes of people. That assumption is not entirely accurate, however. A recliner chair should match your exact height to prevent back problems from occurring further down the line. If you are a petite person, you should invest in a unique petite recliner for yourself. Some parents have taken to buying petite recliners for children to prevent their kids from developing back complaints at a later stage.
Other common reasons for purchasing a petite recliner is for saving a few pennies, as well as space in a small apartment. Petite recliners are smaller, generally easier to assemble and are also a lot more cost effective than oversized recliners. If you want to vamp up your lounge cost-effectively with some stylish petite armchairs, consider rather buying a set of petite recliners – it does not vary significantly in price and is far more luxurious when it comes to entertaining guests.
Best Petite Recliner Materials
As with many online purchases, one should be strict about the quality one receives. The best way of assuring this is by looking at the materials the recliner chair is made from and checking the warranty (if any). Below we have discussed some of the most durable recliner materials that make up the best petite recliners:
- Steel or Hardwood Framework – both stainless steel or hardwoods make the best recliner framework. Stainless steel is rust-proof, which is a good idea if you live in a humid climate or near the sea. Hardwood is traditionally one of the oldest materials that recliners are made from and refers to any wood with sturdy characteristics, e.g. pine, oak, mahogany, birchwood, or cedarwood. Beware the recliner made from plywood, plastic or any similarly softer material!
- Leather – leather is the most durable upholstery that a recliner can be covered with, lasting for decades and longer (depending on the quality). There are many different kinds of leather. The best quality leather is full grain leather, followed by top grain and genuine leather. Bonded leathers and PU leathers are usually made with genuine leather that has been infused with latex or polyurethane to make it waterproof. This is great if you are prone to making a mess often.
- Microfiber – a cheaper leather alternative is a microfiber cover for those who want something a bit more soft to the touch. Microfiber fabrics have a near velvety texture but do not last as long as leather. The prime advantage of microfiber is that one can remove the covering and wash them in the washing machine. It’s also a lot easier and cheaper to replace the upholstery of a microfiber covering.
Desirable Features of Petite Recliner Chairs
In this section, we have detailed some of the best characteristics of petite recliner chairs, so you know where you stand when making your purchase.
- Foam – recliners are padded with multitudes of different materials from coils to cotton. At the end of the day, high-density foam padding will provide you with the best lumbar and body support. Memory foam is even more luxurious, conforming to your body’s unique shape for ultimate relaxation.
- Full Leg Support – many petite recliners do not offer full leg support, which is not always a requirement for some people. However, full leg support allows you to relax more deeply and helps to improve circulation in your legs, knees and feet.
- Heat – at the push of a button, some recliners allow you to heat your backside while reclining back. This is ideal for those long, cold Winter months where all you want to do is hibernate!
- Massage – modern recliner chairs now offer massage to the user, and some of them even have a variety of massage options that one can choose from. These recliners will vibrate at select points on your body, alleviating pressure and tension.
- Ejection – this is a fantastic feature for those who battle to stand up from a sitting position. With the aid of a remote control, an ejection or lift recliner chair will hoist you up to your feet with ease.
Reviews: The Best Petite Recliners
Our below selection of petite recliners is a good place to start searching for a recliner to suit your needs. All of them are just one click away from landing up in your home!
- This petite recliner chair holds the stylish contemporary design of a club chair with the added benefit of reclining comfort.
- Upholstered in superior quality bonded leather, it’s easy to keep clean, and there is a large variety of colors to choose from.
- The sturdy hardwood frame makes it an ideal choice for those who cannot afford to replace their furnishings every few years.
- The recliner is waterproof, which also makes it child and pet-friendly!
- The smooth recline mechanism does not involve the use of a lever – simply lean back into one of three positions at your leisure.
- This medium petite recliner chair is ideal for those who demand comfort as well as proper back support.
- Enjoy the comforts of a full leg rest as you recline back to watch television or take a nap.
- The ribbed padding in the back of the recliner chair is firm and ergonomically shaped to keep your back straight and pressure-free.
- Upholstered in a soft and cushy microfiber that has been treated with stain resistance to last longer.
- The hardwood frame is backed with steel braces ensuring the recliner will last a long time.
- The plush armrests are just waiting for you to sink in and make yourself at home!
- This recliner is ideal for any petite person who battles to stand from a seated position.
- The back cushions are zippered for easy removal and can be machine washed conveniently.
- A quilted back rest ensures a decent degree of pressure alleviation on the back and neck as you recline back.
- There are three automated positions you can choose from, and no effort to recline is necessary, simply push a button to relax!
- Take full advantage of the lift function for easy standing from a seated position.
- Should the power go out unexpectedly, the recliner comes with an emergency battery backup.
- The Ashley Raulo Rocker Recliner for petite individuals has merged recliner comfort with rocker armchair indulgence!
- The superior foam padding supports the back, particularly the lower back exceptionally, presenting the user with unmatched comfort.
- The soft polyester microfiber covering will allow you to feel as soft and plush on the outside as you will on the inside when reclining back in this chair.
- The smooth lever recliner mechanism brings you back slowly with one pull and no fuss.
- While reclining or in sitting position, one may enjoy the gentle rocking motion of this recliner, making it ideal for nursing moms or soothing anxiety.
- Constructed from a reinforced metal frame for long-lasting durability and structural stability.
- If you are looking for a petite recliner for your child, why not order the best?
- This stain resistant recliner was designed for young children in mind and is easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- A cup holder rests on the right arm of the chair so that your child can enjoy a drink while leaning back.
- The intuitive lean back recline mechanism was made to be user-friendly for kids.
- Soft foam padding provides a cushion of comfort for your child while still being firm enough to encourage a healthy posture.
Comparison Table: The Top Petite Recliners
|1||Great Deal Furniture Recliner Club Chair - Contemporary Petite Recliner Club Chair||Great Deal Furniture||95|
|2||NHI Express Addison Recliner Chair - Full-Bodied Petite Recliner Chair||NHI Express||95|
|3||Mega Motion Petite Lift Recliner - Electronic Petite Lift Recliner Chair||Mega Motion||96|
|4||Ashley Furniture Design Raulo Rocker Recliner - Plush Petite Rocker Recliner Armchair||Ashley Furniture Design||97|
|5||Flash Furniture Tiny Kid’s Recliner Chair - Petite Children’s Recliner Armchair||Flash Furniture||97|