Shopping online for an extra large recliner chair can be difficult unless you know what you’re looking for. This large recliner buyer’s guide is here to help you choose the best extra large recliner by taking a look at sturdy recliner materials, extra large recliner buying precautions and some of the best features of extra large recliners.
Durable Large Recliner Materials
The bigger the recliner, the more weight the recliner can handle. This does not mean that the recliner will remain in good condition for longer than an average size recliner. Make sure your extra large recliner is made of the below materials to ensure it lasts a long time.
- Hardwood – wood has been used to make reclining chairs for centuries. The density, durability, as well as the style of wood, has made such an attractive furniture material choice. Woods such as beech, oak, mahogany, pine, and birch are the best choices for your recliner chair.
- Stainless Steel – stainless steel lasts a very long time and is one of the toughest metal alloys that will not rust.
- High-Density Foam – high-density foam padding is ideal for those in need of superior back support, being both firm and durable. High-density foam is also often shaped for orthotic back, neck and lumbar support, alleviating painful pressure off the body as you recline.
Extra Large Recliner Online Buying Precautions
Here are a few buying considerations one should make before purchasing an extra large recliner, especially if shopping online.
- Sizing – Take special care to measure yourself and then compare them against the dimensions of the recliner. If the dimensions are not present, give the manufacturers a call. It’s imperative that you find a good match for your shape and size, as anything too big or too small can create problems in the future. While you are here, you may as well measure the space the recliner is going to be in just in case you misjudged where it should go! As a rule of thumb, recliners need roughly 8 to 12 inches to recline fully. However, full recliner chairs will need more.
- Assembly – not all recliners are delivered to your door in one piece. If assembly is a problem for you, then make sure to find a supplier that will set it up for you or give somebody you trust a call to help you put it together.
- Price – in this instance, the price is usually an indication of the quality. It’s more cost effective to pay a little more and get the recliner made from durable materials than it is to pay less for cheaper materials.
5 of the Most Comfortable Features of Extra Large Recliner Chairs
Have a look at 5 of the best large recliner features available on the market and make sure to include them in your purchase!
- Innerspring Support – this is where mattress technology meets recliners, with individually wrapped spring coils that fill the pillows of your reclining armchair. Innerspring back support is firm, while still allowing you to sink in and feel comfortable.
- Memory Foam – memory foam is widely used in orthotics and orthopedics for its ability to create a unique contour of your body and hold you in place. Memory foam is very comfortable, keeps your spine in a healthy posture and also helps alleviate pressure points on the back.
- Genuine Leather – genuine leather, as well as full or top grain leathers, are the purest forms of leather and make for the best recliner upholstery.
- Massage – nowadays you can get a vibrate massage button on your recliner for a decent price. The most advanced recliners have rollers or pneumatics that work to press the tension from your entire body out.
- Rocker Recliner – since extra large recliners are bigger than usual, they do not usually have swivel or rocker functions. Being able to rock back in an extra large recliner can help reduce anxiety, tension, and stress, as well improve blood circulation and energy levels.
Reviews: The Best Extra-Large Recliners
Have a sneak peek at our best large recliner selection and decide on your favourite!
- This recliner is incredibly soft and plush, able to provide those who prefer a wider seat with great comfort and support.
- The cushions are made of a softer foam wrapped over a firmer higher quality foam.
- The smooth recline mechanism allows you to choose from infinite recline positions.
- Enjoy the functionality of the power recline option, adjusting your leg rest independently from the head rest.
- The recliner seat has been designed to be extra large, suitable for those who prefer a wider seating arrangement.
- The materials used in the making of this reclining armchair were tested for wear and tear as well as durability and has been approved by AHFA Standards.
- This recliner chair is large enough and incredibly sumptuous to recline in.
- Add to the atmosphere and style of your living space with the sheer leather look that this recliner armchair emulates.
- The padding of this extra large recliner is lined with Beautyrest coil technology, being entirely silent and very comfortable.
- Enjoy the premium high-density foam which has been ergonomically shaped to support your entire body.
- Easy to use with a smooth lever mechanism on the side, allowing you to adjust back into any position you desire.
- This extra large massage recliner comes with 11 fantastic features compiled in one reclining armchair.
- This chair allows you to swivel, recline fully as well as rocking back and forth at your leisure!
- Relax into a deep seated 8 point vibrate massage and feel all the tension melt out of your body after a long day.
- The padding is not just extra large but also extra thick and covered in a bonded leather for easy cleaning.
- Decide if you would like to heat the ergonomic padding up or not.
- Comes inclusive with side storage pouch compartments as well as two drink holders at the foot of each arm rest.
- True to Catnapper’s signature style, this reclining armchair is extra large and can recline all the way back.
- The quilted design confers additional back and lumbar support, keeping your back free from pain and problems.
- The padding is made of foam wrapped in gel infused memory foam, making it ultra comfortable, body contouring as well as staying fresh all day long.
- There are coil springs in the seating which rest inside a reinforced steel frame, capable of taking on extra weight if you have any to give.
- The best extra large recliner that you can trust to take your afternoon nap in!
- Another classic smooth rocker recliner from the popular US brand, Simmons.
- The over bearing padding of this extra large recliner chair is made of the finest quality high-density foam.
- Hidden inside the foam padding are sinuous coils that are each individually wrapped and entirely silent.
- Covered in a fake suede leather for a very luxuriously soft feel and leather aesthetic appeal.
- The stainless steel rocker base was handcrafted to ensure additional strength and weight support.
- The back of the recliner is removable for ease of positioning.
- Smooth and easy to use pull-out lever.
Comparison Table: Best Extra Large Recliners
|1||Ashley Furniture Toletta Wide Seat Recliner - Extra Large Full Recliner Armchair||Ashley Furniture||97|
|2||Simmons Wisconsin Extra Large Recliner - Soft Plush Extra Large Recliner Chair||Simmons||97|
|3||GMS Extra Large Massage Recliner - Remote Control Extra Large Massage Recliner||GMS||96|
|4||Catnapper Oversized Velvet Recliner Armchair - Extra Large Velvet Recliner Sofa||Catnapper||91|
|5||Simmons Phoenix Mocha Reclining Armchair - Extra Large Suede Leather Recliner||Simmons||90|