For those who are breastfeeding their newborn children, a rocker recliner or glider for a nursery can be highly beneficial. In an attempt to illustrate why we devised this buyer’s guide which will cover everything the best nursery rocker recliners should include and why an ordinary recliner chair will not make the cut.
Comparison Table: Best Nursery Recliners
|1||Angel Line Nursery Glider Recliner - Classic Stable Base Glider for Nursery||Angel Line||95|
|2||Naomi Home Trendy Recliner for Nursery - Stylish Nursery Recliner Glider with Ottoman||Naomi Home||92|
|3||HomCom Classic Reclining Rocker Chair - Vintage Victorian Styled Wood Nursery Rocker||HomCom||98|
|4||Stork Craft Premium Nursery Glider - Overstuffed Nursery Rocker Recliner Glider||Stork Craft||96|
|5||Granite Grey Fabric Retro Reclining Rocker - Minimalistic Rocking Recliner for Nursery and More||Granite Grey Fabric Retro||96|
Why an Ordinary Rocker Recliner Won’t Work for Nursing Moms
The original nursery rocking chairs were designed very simply and fulfilled their functions wonderfully. The effect for both mother and child is beneficial when rocking backward and forwards, however not all rocking recliners are best suited to it. Ordinary rocker recliners are usually not the best thing to opt for as a breastfeeding mother because if there are any messes, it can be difficult to clean. Nursery gliders are equipped in a way that allows for most or all parts to be taken off and cleaned for convenience.
Usually, glider recliners for nursery also come with an ottoman that can be used or moved aside. This helps for mothers to be in the position they need to be while rocking the child and allows for them to put their feet up after or use the ottoman elsewhere in the house. Nursery glider recliners are also designed with the best back and forth rocking motion to do the job!
Nursery Rocker Recliner Buying Considerations
If you are on the hunt for that perfect reclining rocker chair for your or your spouse’s nursery, then you may wish to consider these useful tips and pointers first!
- The Right Size – as with all recliner chairs, you need to make sure the nursery rocker is the right size for the mother in question. If the size is mismatched, it will feel uncomfortable, and one can land up having back problems, fatigue, lack of sleep and more. When the rocker is the right size, it will also be much easier to rock in it comfortably.
- Type of Rocking Motion – not every recliner has the same kind of rocker motion. Nursery recliner chairs tend to have a unique rocking motion as opposed to ordinary rocker armchairs. The best nursery recliners are also gliders, moving backward and forward instead of in an arch. Some mothers prefer the traditional rocking motion of a rocking chair, while others have found nursery gliders to be better. It’s worth a thought before buying your nursery recliner.
- Space and Usage Period – another point to bring up before making this buying decision is where you will put the chair, the size of the chair regarding that, as well as how long you are going to use the rocker for. It might be more worth your while to get a recliner chair you wish to still use comfortably after your child if you do not plan on having more children afterward.
The Best Rocker Recliner Features for the Nursery
Here are the best features that you should have in a nursery recliner.
- Lumbar Support – waking up at odd ours and not getting enough sleep can be very tiresome on the body, and in these states, our sensory perception of pain can be heightened. That is why it is important for nursing moms to have the best lumbar and back support when they sit in their nursery rocker recliner. It can help alleviate pressure and tension off the back without causing further complications.
- Removable Pillows and Covers – Sometimes infants can be unpredictable, and messes are likely to occur. Having a nursery recliner with removable pillows and covers helps you to keep it clean and prevents both you and your child from becoming ill repeatedly.
- Storage – this is not a necessity. However, it is nice to be able to keep all the baby goods in one place. Side pockets and compartments in the nursery glider are certainly a plus!
- Adjustable Height – Being able to adjust the height of the recliner is useful because it means more people in the house could use it, and you can change the function from nursing to relaxing. All mothers deserve to put their feet up once in a while!
- Padded Arm Rests – Being able to rest your arms on padded armrests while breastfeeding can be a world of luxury on its own. Since children can be very sensitive to foam filling, it is best to purchase a glider recliner with non-toxic, hypoallergenic padding, such as folded cotton cloth.
Best Nursery Recliner Reviews
We have compiled a selection of the best nursery gliders and rocker recliners to help you make your choice.
- This nursery glider is crafted on a firm wooden base that glides back and forth comfortably to help nurture mother and infant alike!
- The back is padded thickly, with quilted points to help alleviate the pressure off the back and neck.
- A removable ottoman is there to let you put your feet up and is designed to rock with the motion of the rocker chair.
- The pillows are removable and easy to keep clean.
- The padded parts of the recliner are made comfortable with folded cloth which is 100% non-toxic for you or your children.
- Storage compartments complete the nursery recliner, helping you to keep everything in one place.
- This nursery glider recliner chair and ottoman will put both you and your infant to sleep in a jiffy.
- Stuffed with the most comfortable foam, it will feel very relaxing for mom to prop her feet up in (a cover cloth is advised as foam can be an allergen for infants).
- Choose from a selection of different colors and styles to match the nursery room perfectly.
- The smooth gliding motion is the perfect accompaniment to bedtime, feeding and general soothing that all infants need.
- Sit back and relax, allowing this nursery glider to do all the work while supporting your back and feet.
- This Victorian styled rocking chair is a classic addition to any nursery, fusing the old and new seamlessly.
- The back and seat are padded for your comfort with non-harmful materials, allowing you to rock as much as you like.
- Handcrafted from sturdy birch wood and reinforcing genuine cane; this rocker will no doubt last you and your family several generations to come.
- Made at an angle to help the mother relax while nursing or calming down the baby.
- This reclining rocker moves in an arch opposed to the standard back and forth motion of average nursery recliner gliders.
- This recliner is one of the more comfortably glider recliners to add to a nursery.
- Made on a highly durable metal base, this rocker glider will remain in excellent condition for a long time.
- The cushions are removable and can be cleaned with just a wet cloth dabbed here and there.
- This glider’s mechanism makes for a smooth gliding system that will lull anyone who sits in it to sleep, emulating a mother’s loving arms in itself.
- Choose between nine fabulous colors to decorate your nursery with and select one of the seven colors of the base to match any way you like.
- Not only a nursery rocking chair, but also suitable for grandma or those of us who enjoy rocking while relaxing.
- Made from solid wood and shaped in a retro design, this rocker chair will fit great in most rooms.
- The seat and back pads are back supportive, cushioned with foam for your optimal comfort.
- If using for a nursery, make sure to purchase something to cover the rocker with to help keep it clean.
- The tracks of this rocking chair will not rock as steeply as other rockers, giving you a less dramatic swing.
- Another classic rocker that will last you and your family for generations.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table: Best Nursery Recliners
- Why an Ordinary Rocker Recliner Won’t Work for Nursing Moms
- Nursery Rocker Recliner Buying Considerations
- The Best Rocker Recliner Features for the Nursery
- Best Nursery Recliner Reviews
- Angel Line Nursery Glider Recliner Classic Stable Base Glider for Nursery
- Naomi Home Trendy Recliner for Nursery Stylish Nursery Recliner Glider with Ottoman
- HomCom Classic Reclining Rocker Chair Vintage Victorian Styled Wood Nursery Rocker
- Stork Craft Premium Nursery Glider Overstuffed Nursery Rocker Recliner Glider
- Granite Grey Fabric Retro Reclining Rocker Minimalistic Rocking Recliner for Nursery and More