When it comes to choosing the best recliner for your home, it can get quite tricky, as there are so many styles, models and brands out there with so many amazing features.
But one of the most important factors I want to stress on today is, Durability.
As a recliner is an expensive, and high use piece of furniture, durability and quality is something that you cannot compromise on when making this investment.
Why Durability in a Recliner is Important
I added this video, on how a recliner is made, to give you some more understanding when it comes to durability in a recliner;A recliner is an expensive piece of furniture that will be used frequently and withstand tough wear and tear. You should look at a Recliner as a long term investment, rather than just an expensive commodity.
This piece of furniture will be there as a centerpiece of interest in your home, so it needs to look appealing, as well as being a comfortable seat for you to relax on, daily for a few hours at a time.
Because of these reasons, it is important to opt for a recliner that has a durable and well-working recline mechanism, a sturdy frame, and tough, as well as easy to maintain upholstery.
Choosing The Best Recliner for Your Home
There is an ever growing assortment of recliner types, shapes, and styles available today, most of them all great quality and well crafted. But where do you start in choosing one?
Well first and foremost I want to recommend that you always look for good quality and durability, and take into consideration popular and trusted brands, for the rest, here are a few things to consider;
- Choose between a manual or electrically powered recliner. The manual being limited but easy to move around and lightweight, the Powered recliner having more features but being immobile, and heavy, and expensive.
- Upholstery type, genuine leather is your most expensive and best option, although PU leather is more affordable and just as good. Fabric such as close-knit cotton and microfiber are your best options.
- The filling should be durable, and not lose its shape easily, usually foam or memory foam.
- Tough and long lasting spring system.
- Easy to operate and well-functioning power or manual reclining system.
- All features should be well crafted and work properly.
- A tough and durable frame is highly important, a sturdy metal such as steel and solid wood are your best bets.
- You can choose from functions such as massaging, vibration and heating.
- Other features include storage pockets or armrests, a side table, headrest, cup holders, USN Ports, Bass Shaker, Lightning, and even a built-in cooler.
- The color should fit in with your home décor, I would opt for a neutral color that you can brighten up with accessories.
- The leg rest must retract smoothly and easily.
- Make sure that the size of the recliner will fit in the space you have allocated, particularly when in full recline position.
Durability Characteristics to Look for in a Recliner
- First and foremost look for a well knows trusted brand, that uses quality materials and fine craftsmanship.
- It is always advised to consider reviews on a recliner to see how it performs to other customers.
- A steel or wooden frame that is sturdy and made from a strong wood or metal is important.
- Likewise you should check the weight capacity of your recliner.
- Upholstery is similarly important, look for fabrics such as a closely weaved cotton or linen which is most durable, for a cheaper option you can also try microfiber.
- Genuine leather is of course the most expensive and durable and needs thorough maintenance, although a good quality PU leather can be closely rated.
- Consider a fabric upholstery with woven in prints rather than painted on or printed, as these will not fade.
- Make sure that the springs in the recliner are of good quality and sturdy.
- Lastly, ensure that all the functional extras work properly and easily.
Reviews: The Most Durable Recliner Brands Available Today
Kicking off with the Full House Home Theatre recliner. The Seatcraft Equinox is one of the most sought after and durable Power recliners, containing many features making it ideal as a home theatre seat, with the advantage of these features actually working well and lasting.
- Upholstered in hand-selected, top grain leather from the finest hides for superior durability.
- High comfort levels with a power recline, powered headrest, and adjustable lumbar support features, easily set with a memory function at your fingertips.
- Each seat has an installed bass shaker, cup holder and in-arm storage.
- A tough and sturdy frame with plush filled cushioned seats.
- Available in black, red and brown color options.
Ashleigh furniture is a well known and trusted name when it comes to quality and durable furniture pieces, such as this oversized plush and comfortable manual recliner.
- A durable frame constructed with blocked, glued and stapled corners, as well as low melt fiber wrapped over high-quality foam cushion cores for extended durability.
- A generous size that you can easily sprawl out on.
- Tough, soft and durable polyester blend, available in earthy color options.
- Plush Cushioning that you can sink into.
- A Rocker recliner with a manual recline function.
La-Z-Boy is one of the first names that jump to mind when someone mentions the word, recliner. You picture yourself in an oversized plush and comfortable reclining chair, remote control in hand. Well, it is all true, the La-Z-Boy is one of the most comfortable, and durable recliners that you will find, with the best quality construction.
- A durable manual recliner with a separate lever to smoothly and easily adjust the legrest to your preference.
- The seat and back can move together or independently for more natural movement in most reclining positions.
- Offers total body and lumbar support, as well a superior comfort.
- A Three position locking mechanism for support and safety when it comes to the legrest.
- Plush fabric upholstery from fine and durable materials.
- A sturdy and long lasting frame and recline mechanism, as well as Rocking Function.
- Well cushioned and padded for comfort.
They call this chair the Perfect Chair, from a well-known Brand name in recliners, Human Touch.
I must say the name rightfully explains this Recliner, it is perfect, with an ergonomic design to cradle and support your body, as well as tough and long-lasting quality construction that you can trust. This chair is the investment of a lifetime!
- Premium leather upholstered padded sets with a walnut wood color frame.
- Features memory foam filling that is soft and comfortable.
- Manual recline function up to zero gravity positions.
- Extended armrests and a full support head pillow, with adjustable lumbar support settings.
- A Fluid Filled seat cushion with Jade Heat capabilities.
- The High tensile-strength body frame, ensure protection against rust and discoloration
You can sit back, relax and enjoy a full body massage with this highly durable and well constructed, quality recliner from Giantex, which is a trusted and very popular name in recliner Manufacturers.
- The Massage chair and Power recliner work with an easy to set remote control.
- Extra features such as a side storage pocket, and auto shut off design for your safety are all part of this superior reclining chair.
- Multi-Reclining positions with the touch of a button and a foldable footrest.
- Strong and high-quality design, with a tufted back and armrests.
- Very sturdy and stocky for a durable and reliable, recliner that will last you very long.
- Upholstered in a durable and easy to clean soft leather.
- There are eight vibrating massage modes and a heating function for further comfort and relaxation.
- The Back and armrests are softly padded for your comfort.
- Available in Black or Beige Color options for you to choose from.
In ConclusionFinding the perfect reclining for your home and personal requirements could be quite tough. None the less, one of the most important aspects when choosing a good recliner, that I want to point out, is DURABILITY.
Most recliners, or let me re-phrase, most good recliners, are expensive, but in the end, as we all know, good quality costs more and is a better investment in the long run, which if you look at it in that respect, actually saves you money.
So I want to urge you to look at good quality, and durability first when choosing your perfect recliner, as you will see the brands I have chosen are all popular brands, and rightfully so. They offer you excellent quality products that work, and most importantly that LAST.
Index Table: Most Durable Recliner Brands
|1||Seatcraft Equinox - Home Theatre Recliner||Seatcraft||98|
|2||Ashleigh Furniture Manual - Durable Fabric Recliner||Ashleigh Furniture||96|
|3||La-Z-Boy Anderson - Durable Manual Recliner||La-Z-Boy||98|
|4||Human Touch Perfect Chair - Durable Zero-Gravity Recliner||Human Touch||99|
|5||Giantex Massage - Reclining Sofa with Durable Construction||Giantex||97|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Durability in a Recliner is Important
- Choosing The Best Recliner for Your Home
- Durability Characteristics to Look for in a Recliner
- Reviews: The Most Durable Recliner Brands Available Today
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Most Durable Recliner Brands