Purchasing a recliner for your home can be a daunting task. Indeed, it can get quite tricky, as there are so many different styles, models, and brands out there with so many amazing features. Recliners are long term investments that will add style, luxury, comfort, and relaxation to any home. This frequently used luxury furniture piece will need to withstand wear and tear. There are factors to consider when deciding on a durable recliner, the filling, frame, and upholstery type. Sturdy wooden or metal steel frames will last longer made with strong springs and memory foam filling. Certain types of upholstery are more durable than others. It is possible to find the right fit for your home without compromising on durability. In this article, we give you all the necessary information to make the correct choice. We help you find the most durable recliner that would suit your budget and needs the best.
Best Rated Most Durable Recliners To Buy in 2022:
Giantex Massage Reclining Sofa with Durable Construction
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Ashleigh Furniture Manual Durable Fabric Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Human Touch Perfect Chair Durable Zero-Gravity Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
But one of the most important factors I want to stress on today is, Durability.
As a recliner is an expensive, and high use piece of furniture, durability and quality is something that you cannot compromise on when making this investment.
Why Durability in a Recliner is Important
I added this video, on how a recliner is made, to give you some more understanding when it comes to durability in a recliner;A recliner is an expensive piece of furniture that will be used frequently and withstand tough wear and tear. You should look at a Recliner as a long term investment, rather than just an expensive commodity.
This piece of furniture will be there as a centerpiece of interest in your home, so it needs to look appealing, as well as being a comfortable seat for you to relax on, daily for a few hours at a time.
Because of these reasons, it is important to opt for a recliner that has a durable and well-working recline mechanism, a sturdy frame, and tough, as well as easy to maintain upholstery.
Choosing The Most Durable Recliner for Your Home
There is an ever growing assortment of recliner types, shapes, and styles available today, most of them all great quality and well crafted. But where do you start in choosing one?
Well first and foremost I want to recommend that you always look for good quality and durability, and take into consideration popular and trusted brands, for the rest, here are a few things to consider;
- Choose between a manual or electrically powered recliner. The manual being limited but easy to move around and lightweight, the Powered recliner having more features but being immobile, and heavy, and expensive.
- Upholstery type, genuine leather is your most expensive and best option, although PU leather is more affordable and just as good. Fabric such as close-knit cotton and microfiber are your best options.
- The filling should be durable, and not lose its shape easily, usually foam or memory foam.
- Tough and long lasting spring system.
- Easy to operate and well-functioning power or manual reclining system.
- All features should be well crafted and work properly.
- A tough and durable frame is highly important, a sturdy metal such as steel and solid wood are your best bets.
- You can choose from functions such as massaging, vibration and heating.
- Other features include storage pockets or armrests, a side table, headrest, cup holders, USB Ports, Bass Shaker, Lightning, and even a built-in cooler.
- The color should fit in with your home décor, I would opt for a neutral color that you can brighten up with accessories.
- The leg rest must retract smoothly and easily.
- Make sure that the size of the recliner will fit in the space you have allocated, particularly when in full recline position.
Durability Characteristics to Look for in a Recliner
- First and foremost look for a well knows trusted brand, that uses quality materials and fine craftsmanship.
- It is always advised to consider reviews on a recliner to see how it performs to other customers.
- A steel or wooden frame that is sturdy and made from a strong wood or metal is important.
- Likewise you should check the weight capacity of your recliner.
- Upholstery is similarly important, look for fabrics such as a closely weaved cotton or linen which is most durable, for a cheaper option you can also try microfiber.
- Genuine leather is of course the most expensive and durable and needs thorough maintenance, although a good quality PU leather can be closely rated.
- Consider a fabric upholstery with woven in prints rather than painted on or printed, as these will not fade.
- Make sure that the springs in the recliner are of good quality and sturdy.
- Lastly, ensure that all the functional extras work properly and easily.
You can sit back, relax and enjoy a full body massage with this highly durable and well constructed, quality recliner from Giantex, which is a trusted and very popular name in recliner Manufacturers.
- The Massage chair and Power recliner work with an easy to set remote control.
- Extra features such as a side storage pocket, and auto shut off design for your safety are all part of this superior reclining chair.
- Multi-Reclining positions with the touch of a button and a foldable footrest.
- Strong and high-quality design, with a tufted back and armrests.
- Very sturdy and stocky for a durable and reliable, recliner that will last you very long.
- Upholstered in a durable and easy to clean soft leather.
- There are eight vibrating massage modes and a heating function for further comfort and relaxation.
- The Back and armrests are softly padded for your comfort.
- Available in Black or Beige Color options for you to choose from.
Reviews: The Most Durable Recliner Brands Available TodayFlash Furniture sets the stage for relaxation while offering outstanding durability. Let’s take a closer look.
- Independent recliner chair and ottoman mean there are fewer moving parts to damage or wear out.
- Durable swivel wood base is made with strong mahogany, which adds resilience and beauty to the overall design. Floor protector glides help keep your flooring in great condition, too.
- Comfortable, luxurious LeatherSoft upholstery is easy to spot clean.
- Manual lever recline lets you lean back and relax while watching TV, reading, or napping.
They call this chair the Perfect Chair, from a well-known Brand name in recliners, Human Touch.
I must say the name rightfully explains this Recliner, it is perfect, with an ergonomic design to cradle and support your body, as well as tough and long-lasting quality construction that you can trust. This chair is the investment of a lifetime!
- Premium leather upholstered padded sets with a walnut wood color frame.
- Features memory foam filling that is soft and comfortable.
- Manual recline function up to zero gravity positions.
- Extended armrests and a full support head pillow, with adjustable lumbar support settings.
- A Fluid Filled seat cushion with Jade Heat capabilities.
- The High tensile-strength body frame, ensure protection against rust and discoloration
Designed with big and tall individuals in mind, the Seatcraft Julius is easily one of the most durable recliners – as well as one of the nicest!
- Wide, long, high-capacity design supports individuals weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Genuine top-grade leather upholstery feels fantastic, looks amazing, and is easy to clean and maintain.
- Multiple power controls add even more luxury to this durable recliner. A Comfort View Powered headrest lets you relax while enjoying your favorite movies and shows, and the power recline feature lets you find the best position for your needs. A memory function lets you save your settings for later enjoyment.
- Wide armrests conceal hidden storage, complete with a tray table that fits in the cup holders.
- USB charging port lets you keep your favorite devices powered up and ready to use.
Great looks and durability combine in this real leather power recliner. Designed to support individuals weighing up to 300 pounds, this recliner features a solid wood and metal frame.
- Top-grain leather upholstery with deep cushions throughout, designed to deliver the ultimate in relaxation while lending an additional touch of style to your home.
- Easy View power adjustable headrest lets you find the ideal angle for watching TV – even when you’re fully reclined.
- Built-in USB port keeps your favorite device fully charged, so it’s ready to use when you need it.
- Simple, intuitive touch controls let you recline effortlessly.
ConclusionFinding the perfect reclining for your home and personal requirements could be quite tough. None the less, one of the most important aspects when choosing a good recliner, that I want to point out, is DURABILITY.
Most recliners, or let me re-phrase, most good recliners, are expensive, but in the end, as we all know, good quality costs more and is a better investment in the long run, which if you look at it in that respect, actually saves you money.
So I want to urge you to look at good quality, and durability first when choosing your perfect recliner, as you will see the brands I have chosen are all popular brands, and rightfully so. They offer you excellent quality products that work, and most importantly that LAST.
What is the most durable recliner?
There are factors to consider when purchasing a durable recliner, the filling, frame, and upholstery type. A recliner that has memory foam and a reinforced spring system will retain its shape. Wooden or all-steel frames are more durable. Leather is the top upholstery choice, PU leather is just as good as a lower-cost option. Close-knit cotton and microfiber will last longer in comparison to other fabric options.
How long should a recliner last?
The longevity of your recliner will depend on durability. The type of materials, frame, springs, filling, and upholstery used will affect the lifespan of your chair. Recliners are expensive furniture pieces that are a long term investment. These stylish, relaxing chairs should last an average of ten years or more.
Who makes the best quality recliner chairs?
With so many different styles, brands, and models when choosing the best recliner chair can be daunting. The defining factor when choosing the best maker of a recliner chair will be the craftsmanship.
Meticulous detail goes into frame and spring construction, type of materials used, and durability of the base and upholstery. Our premium pick is from Ashleigh Furniture.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Why Durability in a Recliner is Important
- Choosing The Most Durable Recliner for Your Home
- Durability Characteristics to Look for in a Recliner
- Reviews: The Most Durable Recliner Brands Available Today