If you’re struggling to find reviews of the best power recliners, look no further!
Here below is a buyer’s guide for those of you searching for the best power recliner chair to purchase, including buying considerations and reviews of the best power recliners, power reclining chairs and power reclining sofas available online.
Power Recliner – Who Benefits from it?
A power recliner sofa or power reclining chairs are seats in essence that recline, but they are different from the ordinary recliners of yesterday.
Unlike their manual recliner counterparts, power recliner chairs are electronically powered, either by a wall plug or by a battery source.
Power recliner chairs tend to be completely button operated, whether that is in a remote control form or a user control pad on the armrest or base of the chair.
The biggest advantage of power recliners for users is usually that the head and foot-rest can be independently adjusted.
This opens up a whole new world for those in need of pressure point relief on their necks, backs, hips or even knees.
A manual recliner will allow for you to recline back comfortably, provided it has limited options and works off a lever mechanism that may be uncomfortable to some.
Those who buy power recliners tend to either live stressful lives and need to relax properly from time to time or those who suffer from chronic back pain, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, arthritis, migraines and more.
Buying Considerations for Power Reclining Sofas
Before purchasing the best power reclining sofa to suit your needs, here are a few buying considerations you will want to take into account first:
- The Right Fit – it’s important that the recliner chair or sofa is the right fit for the space you intend to put it in. If you live in a small apartment, you will want to invest in a space-saving reclining sofa that hugs the wall closely. It is also critical to make sure the recliner chair is not too big or too small for your body shapes. Modern power reclining sofas and chairs have been ergonomically designed to accommodate a wider variety of body sizes, however, it’s still better to be safe than sorry! If the recliner is too big or too small and does not adjust to your body shape, it can put your posture out and create back pain and problems.
- Best Base Materials – the best base materials that a recliner can be made from are usually stainless steel or hardwood. Foam stuffing dominates the market for having the best balance between support and comfort, particularly memory foam or shredded high-density foam. The best upholstery or covering is traditionally bonded or top grain leather, although consumers occasionally prefer microsuede due to its soft texture and feel.
- Self Assembly – when purchasing products online, there is the possibility of having to self-assemble them. Usually, the manufacturers make it easy, but if you are not a D.I.Y. kind of person, you may need to seek the help of someone who can put it together for you. If you find the exact recliner chair you are looking for, then it could be very much worth your while!
Top Characteristics of Good Power Recliners
The best power reclining sofas are made up of some amazing features, a few of which we have discussed below!
- Body Contour Mapping – this is the ability of a recliner to create a contour of your body shape, which holds your body in perfect posture and helps you to relax as deeply as possible. Memory foam is a substance that does this effectively.
- Heated Massage – many electronic recliner chairs have heated seating and massage options to choose from.
- Smart Pressure Point Sensors – some power recliners are so sophisticated that when you recline in them, they can sense where the tension rests in your body. This allows for personalized massage programs to be automated.
- Zero Gravity – in zero gravity position, the recliner chair reclines back usually to around 170 degrees and lifts your knees up so that they are elevated in line with your chest. This alleviates the force gravity exerts on your body and is a powerful means of pressure or pain relief.
- Dual Motorization – to make sure the power recliner gives you the option for adjusting both the head and leg rests independently, make sure the reclining sofa or chair has a dual motor. This means that each side has its motor, as opposed to one motor which will power both.
Reviews: The Best Power Recliners
Have a look at some of the best power recliners available online right now.
- This recliner chair is one of the most luxurious zero gravity power recliners available on the market.
- The dual motor allows for it to have independently adjustable foot and head-rests.
- The buttons of this recliner are situated on the base within a convenient reach.
- Covered in your choice of either black, white or gray bonded leather, this chair is ideal for those who prefer low maintenance.
- Padded for lumbar support and correct back posturing with high-density foam.
- Comes with a fully adjustable headrest pillow that is contoured to help alleviate pressure off either the neck or lower back.
- The panels of this recliner make the full exception over other models, being ergonomically design to cradle your back with high density proper support.
- The arm-rests are extended for extra comfort.
- This chair has a touch button control panel that has five options with multiple variations, one of which is double tapping for zero gravity!
- The framework is made from an incredibly sturdy stainless steel mechanism that glides smoothly into your favorite positions of rest.
- Requires two 9V batteries to power and comes inclusive with a backup battery option in case the power cuts dramatically.
- The headrest is entirely adjustable with a detachable pillow which may double as under knee or lumbar support.
- This chair is ideal for the elderly or those who battle to stand with chronic lifestyle conditions.
- This recliner chair will lift you into a standing position at the push of a button on the remote control.
- Although electronic, this recliner chair is simple to use, having one button to recline you all the way back.
- Appropriate for small apartments and nursing homes.
- Stuffed for lumbar support with high-density foam and individually wrapped pocket spring coils.
- Covered in a PU leather which will last a long time and just requires to be occasionally wiped down to clean.
- This is an incredibly cost effective power recliner chair that sits comfortably near a wall socket.
- Lift your feet up and recline slightly back as you watch television or read a book.
- You can place this recliner in a small modern home or apartment without taking up too much space.
- Requires a maximum of 6 inches to recline back.
- The reclining mechanism works by pushing a button on the side of the recliner, sending you back without a sound.
- Covered in bonded leather for the best comfort, feel and style.
- The assembly is very minimal, just insert the backrest into the base, plug the recliner into the wall and begin to relax.
- This is an incredibly modern loveseat that reclines on both sides for the couple that like to sit in the lounge!
- A powerful dual motor runs each reclining seat, allowing for full adjustability of the head and leg rests.
- The controls pad consists of touch buttons and contains USB ports to charge your phone!
- Covered in a smooth textured black bonded leather for the best cooling relaxation time.
- Hidden LED lights encourage the owner of this sofa to spend more time in it, reading or browsing the web in a comfortable position.
- Stuffed with high-density foam and paneled for optimal spinal support, these chairs are made to remove pressure from the back.
- This is a great option for those who find their power recliner battery isn’t giving enough power and who don’t like having plugs out and about.
- This battery pack will last you about a month, giving between 150 and 300 cycles in that time.
- Not compatible with USB, touch buttons, or LED lights (causes the battery to drain in a week).
- 8 hour recharge time.
One of the best choices in power recliners, the Pulaski Home theatre recline has all the trimmings for you to enjoy an intense movie, lay back and take a nap, or simply just relax.
- An outlet with two USB plugs in the arm storage, so you can charge almost any electronic device, without getting up from your chair.
- Power recline function with infinite positions at the touch of a button.
- The included swivel tray can be attached to the arm for easy use.
- Upholstered in premium faux leather that is soft, durable and breathable, while remaining easy to clean and maintain.
- This chair has the color options of red, black, Charcoal and Chocolate
The Ashley Furniture Signature Collection sports some of the finest recliners chairs, and this Power Lift model is no exception.
It is handsomely crafted from the finest materials for comfort and style, to offer endurance and features that will have you relaxing for hours on end.
- Stunning contemporary style with beautiful finishing’s in a very generous size.
- Smooth and simple reclining and lifting with the easy to operate the controller.
- Smooth brown upholstery made from a thick leather-like poly fiber that has a lush cozy feel to it.
- Thick cushions and a high back for much-needed support.
- A sturdy and reliable corner blocked frame and metal reinforced seat.
- Available in either a black or saddle finish.
You can relax and drift away into a peaceful sleep with the Esright Ergonomic Lounge Chair.
This beauty comes fully charged with power lift, reclining, vibration, heating and massage proficiencies.
- Covered in soft and durable PU leather and padded with an extra thick sponge for the back and armrests.
- A supplementary two cupholders and four storage bags for more convenience.
- A 360-degree swivel and 150-degree recline position.
- Remote controlled.
- Five control modes and two intensity levels for the massage and vibration functions.
- Heating and power lift features at the touch of a button.
Comparison Table: The Best Power Recliners
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Power Recliner – Who Benefits from it?
- Buying Considerations for Power Reclining Sofas
- Top Characteristics of Good Power Recliners
- Reviews: The Best Power Recliners
- Svago Zero Gravity Recliner Chair Power Reclining Zero Gravity Chair
- Human Touch Full Grain Leather Recliner High Density Support Power Recliner Chair
- Best Home Power Lift Recliner Chair Standing Aid Power Lift Recliner Armchair
- Divano Roma Furniture Power Reclining Sofa Standard Bonded Leather Recliner Armchair
- Coaster Home Furnishings Power Reclining Sofa Ultimate Power Reclining Loveseat Sofa
- Limoss Rechargeable Battery Rechargeable Recliner Battery Pack
- Pulaski Power Home Theatre Recliner
- Ashley Furniture Signature Design Power Lift Recliner
- Esright Ergonomic Lounge Power Recliner and Massager
- Comparison Table: The Best Power Recliners