There are quite a few reasons why you may find it necessary to take a nap in your office chair, whether it is your home office or office at work.
You may find yourself stuck in your office overnight, or becoming quite fatigued by lunchtime, needing a short nap. There is also the chance of house guests arriving unannounced, leaving you with the chair to sleep on.
Whatever may be the reason for an overnight or power nap on your office chair, the fact that remains, is that you will need a very comfortable and well-designed office chair, in order to get sufficient rest, that does not leave your body with aches and pains.
Features of Good Nap Time Office Chair
We have established that you do need a specialized office chair to take naps in, now let us see what the key factors to look for, in a good office chair for sleeping are;
- Find a chair that can recline all the way back, at minimum up to 180 degrees, so that you can lay down completely.
- A slide out or hideaway footrest that you can slide out when you are ready to nap, and slide back when you want to work, or need more space.
- The chair must offer good lumbar support to prevent backaches and pains.
- Make sure that the seat, back, footrest, and armrests are well padded and comfortable enough to rest on.
- Similarly, with being to decline 180 degrees, you will moreover require multiple recline positions.
- A padded headrest will serve as a pillow, so make certain that it feels like a pillow!
- Durability is one of the most important factors, not just for the upholstery but similarly for the frame and padding of the chair.
- Office chairs are under normal circumstances covered with leather, which is easy to clean and maintain, and not so bad for sleeping on, whereas breathable fabric could correspondingly be appropriate.
- Look for a chair that can hold your weight capacity, as your entire weight will be on the chair when you are in a reclined position.
- Divine to have, but not essential, is a rocking function to soothe you to dreamland.
- Adjustable height I any office chair is an absolute must, for sitting or reclining.
- A high back will ensure that you have that extra length to sleep on, and ergonomic design will contour, and support your body where needed.
We have come across some of the most sought-after office style chairs that you can sleep in with maximum comfort, here are a few of them;
Reviews: The Best Office Nap Chairs
One of the best office chairs when it comes to lumbar support is the Merax Portland. The moveable lumbar support can be adjusted as you sit or recline to guarantee that your spine stays perfectly aligned.
- Padded and well-cushioned armrests.
- Meets all the ANSI/BIFMA standards.
- An easy slide out footrest.
- Luxurious targeted foam cushioning.
- Cushions placed to provide specialized ergonomic support.
- Weight capacity of up to 265 pounds.
- Soft and breathable, high-quality PU leather with a matte sheen appearance, and sleek style.
- A heavy duty metal frame that is reliable and offers solid support.
- The hydraulic gas lift mechanism allows you to adjust the height of the chair, and the lumbar cushion can likewise be raised or lowered.
The HomCom Executive offers you comfort, ergonomic support, and adjustable functionality to improve productivity, as well as to enhance relaxation when you take a nap.
Although I would not recommend this chair for a good nights rest, its more than perfect for short naps.
- A modern style and ergonomic design that will add appeal to any room or office.
- Covered in durable and easy to maintain PU leather.
- The sponge padding is high density for extra comfort.
- Curved and padded armrests.
- Ability to tilt up to 145 degrees to ensure maximum comfort when you want to lay back a bit.
- The 360-degree swivel casters offer smooth and easy movement for you to reach all areas of your work area.
The VIVA Ofice chair offers everything that a good chair for napping should, a high back, soft padding, retractable leg rest and not to forget the waterfall reclining position.
- The seat height is easily adjustable with a Pneumatic Gas lifting mechanism.
- A high back chair that has ample padding for comfort and support.
- Swiveling function, with silent and smooth gliding casters.
- The waterfall edge design aids to prevent fatigue and supports your entire body and legs.
- A 250-pound weight capacity for reliable stability and support, in a durable frame.
- Full recline, and rocking function to aid in relaxation and enhance sleep patterns.
The Belleze Swivel is a high back, reclining office chair that has the advantage of a swiveling function.
A stunning addition to your home or office it will blend in exquisitely with background décor, while serving an admirable purpose.
- An additional Ottoman to rest your legs on.
- Sleek and soft leather upholstery that is easy to clean, and very durable.
- The hide-away footrest is an added convenience, angled under the chair for when you need it.
- Easy back paddle control for reclining into different positions.
- A high back for added support and comfort.
- Adjustable height and tilting, that could not be simpler.
I simply had to include this beauty, although more of a gaming chair, it still remains completely perfect as an office or desk chair that you can totally fall asleep in.
A fun and funky design to liven up your office or home, with superb features for relaxation.
- Upholstered in high quality, durable leather, and thickly padded with a bucket seat for the best lumbar support and comfortable seating.
- A pull out flip over footrest when you need to relax for a while, or a while longer.
- The whole chair can rock back and forth and the backrest can be adjusted up to 180 degrees, the ideal sleep angle.
- Has a maximum weight capacity of 310 lbs and a generous but still body hugging size.
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
The Contemporary Style Office Chair from Flash Furniture is thickly padded and comfortable with an additional Ottoman to rest your feet on, so you can take the most comfortable and relaxing nap.
- Available in a few neutral color options of upholstery to choose from.
- Upholstered in LeatherSoft leather and polyurethane for optimal Softness and Durability.
- A Mahogany wood base that can swivel with Floor Glides.
- The Seat Swivels on a ball-bearing Swivel Base.
- The arms, Ottoman, seat and back are thickly padded for more comfort.
- The headrest is fully integrated and highly supportive.
- Comes with a separate Ottoman that is fully padded, to rest your legs on.
This professional Office and Gaming Chair has an ergonomic design to fully support your back, and can recline into a very comfortable position for sleeping behind your desk.
- A unique Spider Design, with a whole in one headrest and diamond-cutting base.
- An Ergonomic, high back that conforms to the natural curves of your body and is covered with breathable soft mesh.
- Comes with an additional Lumbar Support Pillow to fully support your lower back.
- Adjustable recline functions as well as 360 swivel with locking angles.
- An adjustable seat for the perfect height.
- Durable and sturdy framework with ball bearing wheels for easy movement.
This is the perfect Chair for short naps at the office, it is lightweight, breathable and has a comfortable ergonomic design offering you full body support and comfort.
- An Adjustable pedal comfort support legs to rest your legs on comfortably.
- There is a two-way fine-tuning healthy Lumbar pillow for full back support.
- The back has mesh for breathability and a supportive headrest.
- Steady high strength alloy gas lifting system for adjustable height.
- Comfortable recline positions, as well as swivel and gliding options.
So, Sleep Tight
It is becoming more and more acceptable to grab a quick catnap at work, as this has been proven to improve productivity.
Either way, if you need to take a nights rest in your office chair, for whatever reason, having the right equipment handy is always a plus.
No more slumping over your chair, head on the desk, dribbling over everything.
Having the right chair is not only beneficial for napping, but also for working contentedly with the support and relaxation that your body needs to help you perform at your peak.
Index Table: Top Office Chair for Napping
|1||Merax Portland - Reclining Napping Office Chair||Merax||98|
|2||HomCom Executive - Office Chair for Napping||HomCom||95|
|3||Viva Office Executive Chair - Office Napping Recliner||Viva Office||96|
|4||Belleze Ottoman Set - Office Nap Recliner||Belleze||97|
|5||Furmax Gaming Chair - High Back Recliner for Sleeping||Furmax||98|
|6||Flash Furniture Contemporary - Recliner and Ottoman for Office Naps||Flash Furniture||97|
|7||AutoFull ProBig - Gaming Chair for Office Naps||AutoFull||97|
|8||SIHOO Ergonomics - Lightweight Office Chair for Short Naps||SIHOO||96|
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Features of Good Nap Time Office Chair
- Reviews: The Best Office Nap Chairs
- Merax Portland Reclining Napping Office Chair
- HomCom Executive Office Chair for Napping
- Viva Office Executive Chair Office Napping Recliner
- Belleze Ottoman Set Office Nap Recliner
- Furmax Gaming Chair High Back Recliner for Sleeping
- Flash Furniture Contemporary Recliner and Ottoman for Office Naps
- AutoFull ProBig Gaming Chair for Office Naps
- SIHOO Ergonomics Lightweight Office Chair for Short Naps
- So, Sleep Tight
- Index Table: Top Office Chair for Napping