Being a tall person can suddenly become a very daunting obstacle, especially when selecting the best furnishings. However, we are here to help you. In this article, you will find everything you need to pay attention to while choosing the best tall man recliner for yourself. Several models make good lounging furniture, especially the Catnapper big man recliners. Other brands offer designs that are equally comfy for tall and big persons. Let’s check out the best tall man recliners, plus tips to help you pick the right fit.
Best Rated Tall Man Recliners To Buy in 2020:
Roundhill Furniture Brandan Bonded Leather Dual Rocker Recliner Chair
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
MAGIC UNION Power Lift Massage Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
bWISA USA Catnapper Jenson Recliner Chair
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
That’s why we have devised this buyer’s guide to assist taller individuals in understanding all they need to know about the best recliners for tall people.
Recliner Buying Precautions for Tall Men
Some of these buying precautions apply to everyone, but tall men should pay them extra attention to ensure the best recliner results.
- Leg Rest Length – the main problem area for those who are very tall and in need of a recliner is usually the leg rest size. Many tall men complain that the recliner sits too low to the ground to be comfortable. The best way to avoid making a mistake is to know the inner seat measurements, as well as the leg rest measurement. If the length of your calf from the floor to your knees is larger than the leg rest, the chances are that the recliner won’t be comfortable. Similarly, double checking the length of your knee to your hip and comparing it against the inner seat measurement will give you a good idea of how much of your thigh will not be resting on the seat. The closer the measurements are, the more comfortable you will be!
- Neck Rest – The second common issue that tall men have with recliners is that the backrest does not provide sufficient neck support. A neck pillow can resolve this problem, or select a recliner that has a long enough back rest.
- Rocker Recliners – rocker recliners are usually a bad idea for tall men, as one common problem associated with being taller is having weaker knees. The rocking motion for those with knee problems is not helpful and can cause further complications. This is because when one rocks back and forth, the height of the seat from the floor will vary, which can place additional pressure on the knees.
- Recliner Function – always bear in mind the function for your recliner before purchasing. If you want it to take a nap in, you will need a very long and tall recliner. A low seated recliner with an ottoman maybe your ideal tall man recliner if you intend to use it simply to read or watch television in.
Tall Man Recliner Materials for Superior Comfort & Durability
Here we will discuss what recliner materials are best for big and tall men to sit on.
- Steel or Hardwood Base – having a steel or hardwood base or a combination of the two will yield the best results in the long run. Recliners made this way last from 5-10 years on average! They can also take more weight than other types of recliners.
- High Density Foam – high density foam is great for full back support, being incredibly firm. You can ensure that your back will be kept straight when upholstered with this material.
- Cushioned Spring Coils – having pocketed spring coils in your recliner will make it exceptionally comfortable. When combined with high-density foam, an award-winning balance between back support and comfort is achieved!
- Bonded Leather – bonded leather is ideal for lasting long, looking stylish and being remarkably easy just to wipe clean when necessary.
Characteristics of a Good Recliner for Tall People
Recliners for tall people have some other great features that you don’t want to miss out on!
- Power Recliners – power recliners have two motors or a dual motor, allowing for the head and leg rests to be operated independently of one another.
- Ergonomic Padding – even using the great materials stated above, a recliner can still not provide the best ergonomic support if it’s not designed properly. If it has multiple segments, contours or quilted patches in the design, it is likely to be very ergonomic. Contours in the design help to alleviate pressure points on the back and make reclining just that much more comfortable.
- Cup Holders & Storage – if you like to lounge in your recliner for the entire day, you can bet you are going to love having a place to store drinks as well as your favorite snacks! Many recliners come with cup holders and side pocket storage options.
- Heated Massage – If you live in a cold place or need to feel warm to soothe your soul, a heated massage recliner is a way to go! At the push of a button, some recliners will allow you to receive vibrations as the heat spreads through your bones. What a way to relax at home!
- Full Adjustability – some recliners available allow you to adjust the backrest and make it taller or shorter as you prefer. This is a great option for those who require additional height for their full relaxation.
Reviews: Tall Man Recliners
Here below are possible options to solve your tall man recliner dilemma!
- Here is a sporty tall man recliner that is built to last for many years ahead of your time.
- Built on a dual base of both hardwood and stainless steel for maximum durability.
- The simple lever recliner mechanism lets you decide your most comfortable reclining angle.
- Covered in easily maintainable bonded leather for either a classy study look or pub lounge appeal.
- The padding consists of a combination of very fine coil springs, pocketed and wedged between layers of firm foam for excellent support.
- The armrests and backrest is overly stuffed for maximum comfort.
- This recliner doubles as a rocker recliner, making it unsuitable for those with injured or aching knees.
- Here is a superb tall man recliner for senior citizens and those who battle to stand up on their legs without assistance.
- The recliner has multiple features, one of which is an eject lift function that helps you to stand with ease.
- Select one out of five massage options on the remote control for an 8 point pressure relief massage that works the stress away from your back, thighs, and legs.
- Upholstered in PU Bonded Leather for minimal cleaning and pleasing aesthetics.
- Choose to set the timer, so you don’t need to worry about oversleeping when you decide to take a nap.
- The steel base is incredibly durable, taking a weight capacity of up to 280 lbs.
- This grand looking recliner for big and tall men will make your living room come to life with a stylish bonded leather look.
- The padding used is a luxurious quality cooling gel foam, which takes longer to heat up and cools down faster than the standard foam – fantastic for those who perspire profusely.
- This type of padding will also allow you to sink in while providing accurate back support that alleviates major pressure points on the back and hips.
- The motor is a dual motor, allowing you to adjust the leg and head rests separately for ultimate comfort.
- Covered in a durable bonded leather with a faded vintage appeal.
- This recliner doubles as a lift recliner, helping you to move from a sitting to a standing position with ease.
- This is an exceptional recliner for tall people in regards to both quality and comfort.
- The back rest’s multiple segments are overstuffed with high-density foam for maximum support.
- This is a low seated recliner chair that can meet any tall man length requirements, thanks to the adjustable ottoman.
- Made from an exceptionally durable mahogany wood base that is bound to look regal in your lounge or office.
- This recliner can be placed at any point of the room, due to its ball bearing swivel base.
- Enjoy reading a book or watching your favorite show in your favorite chair!
Designed specifically to support individuals with larger frames, this Comfort King wallsover recliner is rated for up to 500 pounds – and it’s as attractive as it is comfortable.
- Soft, plush fabric upholstery feels incredible.
- Ultra-thick padding promotes relaxation from your head to your toes.
- Extended length is 79 inches (the same as the length of a king sized mattress) so taller individuals can get comfy.
Theatre-inspired seating with lots of comfort features, designed just for larger, taller men and women? If this piques your curiosity, you’ll want to take a second look at this incredible leather recliner.
- Durable frame supports weights up to 400 pounds.
- Wide armrests feature dual cupholders and hidden storage. A swivel table fits inside either cup holder and stows inside the arm when not in use.
- Built-in USB port keeps your devices fully charged and ready for enjoyment.
- Hand-selected top-grain leather upholstery lends comfort, longevity, and great looks.
- Tall backrest features a power head rest that can be adjusted to provide you with the perfect viewing angle while you’re fully reclined.
- Extended length is 70 inches, making this one of the best recliner for people over 6 feet tall.
Lane is famous for crafting high-quality recliners for tall people – and this Comfort King design is an outstanding example.
- Leather-look suede upholstery offers softness, durability, and outstanding comfort.
- Deeply padded throughout, with extra-wide armrests to provide all the support you need.
- Extra-long length: As one of the best recliners for tall men & women, this model extends all the way to 79 inches – the same length as a king size mattress.
- Made in the USA, with hardwood and steel for enhanced durability. This big & tall recliner supports weights up to 500 pounds.
- This recliner is built on a tough and durable steel frame.
- Tall back and extra-large in size.
- Overstuffed cushioning and padding with soft and plush upholstery.
- Foam padding with quality gauge springs in the seat.
- The deeper seat will comfortably hug your entire body.
- Quiet and smooth reclining mechanism.
- Likwise features a Rocking Function.
At a full 79 inches long when fully reclined (that’s the same length as a king size mattress!) this Comfort King recliner easily supports people over six feet tall. It’s a fantastic choice for tall people who want to stretch out, relax, and enjoy full support from head to toe.
- • Soft fabric in an attractive wine tone, feels and looks amazing.
- • Thick, luxurious cushioning throughout the entire chair; seat, back, arms, and footrest are all well-padded.
- • Supportive metal frame makes this one of the most durable recliners on the market. It is rated for weights up to 500 pounds.
The ideal heavy duty power lifting recliner for taller and larger individuals who may need some help in getting in and out of their chairs.
- A stunning modern design with durable and soft upholstery.
- Overstuffed extra-large design for even more snug comfort.
- A Tall back and full recline function.
- Durable and sturdy frame that can handle extra weight.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Best Rated Tall Man Recliners To Buy in 2020:
- Recliner Buying Precautions for Tall Men
- Tall Man Recliner Materials for Superior Comfort & Durability
- Characteristics of a Good Recliner for Tall People
- Reviews: Tall Man Recliners
- Roundhill Furniture Oversized Spring Recliner Coil Spring Comfort Recliner for Tall People
- Magic Union Slender Tall Man Recliner Sturdy Frame Leather Recliner for Tall People
- bWISA USA Catnapper Jenson Recliner Chair Dual Motor Tall People Lift Recliner
- Flash Furniture Long Back Mahogany Recliner Chair Long Leather Recliner for Tall People
- Lane Stallion Big and Tall Man Recliner
- Seatcraft Julius Durable Power Recliner
- Lane Home Furnishings Big & Tall Rocker Recliner
- Catnapper Classic Rocker Recliner Chair for Tall Men and Women
- Lane Stallion Comfort King Big & Tall Wallsaver Recliner
- CANMOV Heavy Duty Tall Back Recliner