The Mid-century Modern classic style is becoming increasingly more popular in many homes.
Best Mid-Century Modern Style Recliners To Buy in 2020:
Monica Dark Blue Mid-Century Modern Fabric Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
GDF Studio Gondor Mid-Century Modern Tuft Back Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Homall Single Leather Mid-Century Modern Reclining Chair
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
This style is based on classic clean lines and gentle natural curves, with a love for a large variety of materials and colors.
The Mid-Century Modern Design
Mid-Century Modern in itself is a term that is quite intricate to define.
Broadly this style describes the architecture and furniture designs from the middle 20th century, roughly from the 1933’s to 1965’s.
This timeframe describes one of the larger modernist movements rooting from the industrial revolution at the end of the 19th century, as well as the post-World War Two, time period.
Most of the mid-century designs have become obsolete by the late ’60s, although an interest in this period emerged by the early mid-eighties.
Within a decade the mid-century vintage designs became increasingly popular appealing from a group of enthusiast and coming into the mainstream.
Mid-century Modern Style Characteristics
The most distinguishing features of this style are the consistent classic and understated appeal, with clean lines and minimal fuss.
- The functionality of the recliner is the most important while form will follow.
- You are looking for uncluttered sleek lines with natural organic and geometrical forms.
- There are minimal ornamentations.
- You have the freedom to explore many different traditional, and likewise, non-traditional materials when it comes to upholstery.
- Materials can be contrasting or different in style.
- Materials such as wood, glass, vinyl, and metal are used in this style.
- Colors such as neutral, to bold, and graphic use of black and white is popular to this style.
Features of a Mid-Century Modern Recliner
The main features in a Mid-century Modern Style to look for are; clean and sleek lines with smooth finishing’s.
This type of chair does not sport the uniform look of a recliner until you are putting your feet up after a long day.
Padded cushioning and arm rests, a tufted back and in some cases, brass button details are an excellent addition.
You will similarly see that most designs also feature wooden finished foot stands.
Then there is the sleek and elegant shape and natural curves of the chair that will add a touch of sophistication.
Reviews: Top Rated Mid-Century Modern Recliners
The Dark Blue recliner from Monica will make a statement in any room in your home. A sleek design and higher shaped back rest with cushioned armrests and seats add to comfort and the mid-century modern style of this recliner.
- The armrests and seat are plush and cushioned for comfort and support.
- The shape and height of the back give this chair a more sophisticated style, and a touch of elegance.
- The ideal chair for relaxing and entertaining with an intelligent design.
- Dark blue upholstery and rubber wood legs finished in a matte black.
The GDF Studio Gondor is a Mid-Century Modern styled, Tuft back recliner that can be chosen in either a fabric or leather finish. Ideal for any room in your home to add a touch of traditional panache.
- You have the option of choosing either leather or fabric upholstery in a color combination of light grey, blue grey, dark charcoal, medium beige or brown.
- The upholstery consists of either 100% polyester or PU leather in a color finish of your choice.
- The leg material is Birch wood in a more natural finish.
- Features a stylish tufted back and wings on the side.
- The seat is extra plush and cushioned to give the chair a nice silhouette.
Homall is a well-known name when it comes to furniture, and likewise good quality recliners. This recliners is durable, comfortable and will look absolutely gorgeous in your home.
- Upholstered in fine quality PU leather that is easy to clean and gentle on your skin.
- Inside there is a high-density thick sponge for better permeability and resilience.
- The push back recliner is designed with an adjustable footrest and wider armrests with a curved shape and thicker recliner back.
- The footrest has a durable steel frame and thicker foam padding to add to longevity.
- A durable and comfortable recliner, which has a stunning mid-century modern feel to it.
Another excellent choice from GDF studio, the Macedonia radiates mid-century modern style and sophistication.
- Available in a 100% fabric polyester upholstery in dark blue, grey, light grey, tweed, muted blue, muted orange or cream colors.
- The legs are manufactured from birch wood in a stunning mahogany finish.
- A wonderful addition to any room in your home with its clean lines and smooth finishes.
- A slightly tufted back and extra padded cushioning for optimal comfort.
An exceptional push back recliner from Armstrong, the Traditional mid-century modern styled recliner is extra plush and cushioned for luxurious comfort.
- A classic design with a gorgeous stud covered frame.
- The cushions are extra plush and padded for luxury comfort and support.
- The upholstery material is 100% polyester, with Birchwood legs in a dark grey finish.
- A comfortable and tasteful addition to any home.
This recliner features a swiveling function as well as an ottoman that can be used as a leg rest. The Contemporary from Flash Furniture is a exquisite set with classic mid-century modern finishing’s.
- Comes in a set with additional ottoman for leg rest comfort.
- There is a supportive and comfortable integrated headrest.
- The swivel function allows you more freedom of movement.
- The arms are plushly upholstered for even more comfort.
- LeatherSoft upholstery, a leather and polyurethane material for durable softness.
- This chair is easily spot cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Ideal as an office chair or a relaxing chair in any room.
In ConclusionIf you are taking cues from the mid-century modern design, clean lines and simple designs with elegant details are your forte.
You can easily relax in one of these gorgeous streamlined recliner chairs.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Best Mid-Century Modern Style Recliners To Buy in 2020:
- The Mid-Century Modern Design
- Mid-century Modern Style Characteristics
- Features of a Mid-Century Modern Recliner
- Reviews: Top Rated Mid-Century Modern Recliners
- Monica Dark Blue Mid-Century Modern Fabric Recliner
- GDF Studio Gondor Mid-Century Modern Tuft Back Recliner
- Homall Single Leather Mid-Century Modern Reclining Chair
- GDF Studio Macedonia Fabric Mid-Century Modern Button Detail Recliner
- Armstrong Traditional Mid-Century Push Back Recliner with a Modern Touch
- Flash Furniture Contemporary Swivel chair and Ottoman with Mid-Century Modern Finishes
- In Conclusion