There are times when you want to take a short nap to rest your back a little without having to jump in a bed. Spending several hours does it to you. And without that much-needed rest, you may develop chronic back problems at old age. A sleeping recliner chair would be a great addition to your office or home.
We all know that sleep is vital and helps you get a fresh start when done correctly and on a comfortable surface. Suppose you are one of those who fall asleep in front of the television or even while upright at your work desk; you should consider purchasing a recliner chair for sleeping in. Still in doubt about the best recliner to sleep in? The products listed below will be useful as you learn about the features and benefits.
Best Rated Recliners for Sleeping To Buy in 2020:
Merax Leather Lift Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Human Touch 4.0 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Signature Design by Ashley Ludden Power Rocker Recliner
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
The best recliners for sleeping in will prevent you from waking up with neck stiffness, joint aches or back pains when you have a nap, and in fact, tend to come with many more perks!
A Look at Causes of Body Stiffness and Pain
Many of us surrender to the idea that pain in the joints or morning stiffness is caused because we lay in a funny position all night or hurt ourselves somehow without registering it.
While this may be true, it is not entirely accurate. Pain and stiffness are products of when the body releases inflammatory compounds or comes into contact with them (in our diet or environment).
Stiffness is usually a result of fluids that have failed to drain properly, which can be caused by blocked blood flow, poor vascular health, and heart problems. However digestive health and stress both play a significant role in how we experience pain.
Stress as well as eating allergens or toxins continuously creates free radicals, which contribute to feeling pain in our body. Disrupted sleep or little to no sleep can cause the levels of pain in our bodies to increase as well as our sensitivity to pain.
How Can A Sleeper Recliner Provide Pain Relief?
Those who suffer from fibromyalgia, arthritis, chronic fatigue or chronic morning stiffness all tend to fall asleep from exhaustion before they have a chance to move over to their beds. If this sounds like you then beware! Falling asleep in odd positions will cause blockages in blood flow and will add to your pain. One of the most common causes of pain involves sleeping with misaligned body posture.
You will want to invest in a recliner that you can comfortably fall asleep in which aids your posture the best so that if you do fall asleep, you can rest assured and wake up feeling better. The best recliners for sleeping also have features that add to your relaxation such as massage or zero gravity. Making the most of these features will aid you in reducing the levels of stress in your system, thereby helping to reduce overall pain and pain perception in the body.
Characteristics for a Good Recliner for Sleeping
Before purchasing the best recliner for sleeping in, you will naturally need to consider a few characteristics and ask a few questions. These pointers may prove useful:
- Function – depending on the reason you want to buy a sleeper recliner, you may want one that reclines all the way back into a full bedspread or just at a 45-degree angle back. Wall hugging or space-saving recliners will help you to get the maximum benefit out of a limited room space.
- Height – If you are too big or too small, the recliner will create problems for you further down the line! You need to match it in proportion to receive any benefits from reclining in it. Being out of proportion will likely damage your posture and increase the level of inflammation in the body.
- Materials – certain upholstery is of better quality than others, such as bonded leather or cotton. If the material can be removed to be machine washed, that’s even better! Memory foam, gel memory foam and other high-density foams are what is being used to pad recliner chairs these days. These padding options provide support while allowing you to sink in comfortably. The recliner base is traditionally always superior when made from hard sturdy wood. However, if you want to go metal, industrial designers have started to up-cycle metals, which are not only durable but help save the environment!
- Massage Technology – there are various forms of massage recliners out there, which are designed to alleviate pressure points on your back, as well as give you the best stress relief. The cheaper recliner chairs for massage will have vibration points which help to take the pressure off your joints. The best massage chairs have rollers that use pneumatics or hydraulics to operate! These recliners will mimic the best massage techniques known to top masseuses worldwide.
- Zero Gravity – when a recliner leans back to 180 degrees so that your knees are floating above your head, you are in zero gravity position. This means that the force of gravity has been nullified, resulting in pain relief and pressure relief on all pressure points of the body.
Reviews: The Best Recliner for Sleeping
Here below is our selection of the best sleeping recliners that we could find.
- This plush PU leather arm chair can be adjusted to recline in any position, including sleeping position.
- Stuffed with polyester, this chair offers good back and leg support to those who recline on it.
- This is a great sleeper chair for the elderly who struggle to stand up on their own.
- At the push of a button, one can eject oneself in three different ways from the chair – choose the boost you need.
- Not suitable for individuals who have pacemakers in their systems.
- The recliner chair supports a weight of up to 330 pounds.
- Recline all the way back into sleeping position and set the timer to fall asleep after a relaxing massage.
- This massage chair incorporates the highest quality massage technology to help take the pressure off!
- Choose from a selection of automated programs and massage features, imitating shiatsu and using masseuse techniques such as kneading.
- Using the remote, one can operate the head and foot rests independently of one another, thanks to dual motorization.
- This technology is sophisticated enough to sense the pressure points in your body and can create a unique massage program for your back!
- Recline to zero gravity to effectively remove the stress and pressure from your body!
Ultra-plush upholstery cradles your entire body comfortably as you recline. This power rocker recliner lets you drift off to sleep easily, supporting you as you relax and rejuvenate.
Contemporary style details make this sleep-friendly recliner as attractive as it is practical.
- Generously sized, with plenty of room to let your whole body relax while you sleep.
- Electric one-touch reclining motion makes it easier to unwind.
- Recliner stretches to a nearly flat position, slightly elevating your head and torso for optimal breathing while you rest.
- Plush twill fabric feels wonderfully soft, with deeply cushioned padding beneath.
- Enjoy rocking when in an upright position.
Clean, contemporary styling, cozy softness, and a power lift function make this chair one of the best recliners for sleeping – and for life, in general!
- Recline slightly or lie back when it’s time to sleep. The electric power button ensures that every function feels effortless.
- Lifts and tilts to help you stand without placing additional strain on your back or knees.
- Massage and heat functions provide additional comfort when you need it most. There are eight massage points across the back, lumbar, leg, and thigh zones, plus heat to ease your lumbar region into deeper relaxation.
- One pocket on each side for reading materials and other essential items. Dual cup holders let you keep your favorite beverage, your phone, and other small objects close.
- A USB outlet is conveniently located on the side of the recliner, allowing you to keep devices charged and ready to use.
- Plush padding and soft, light grey upholstery cover the entire recliner, helping your relax from head to toe, so you can rest comfortably.
- Metal base assures sturdiness, allowing this recliner to support weights of up to 320 pounds.
The Lifestyle Power recliner is a convenient and comfortable recliner, that you can sit and relax in, while charging your phone or electronic device, watching television, and then lay back to fall asleep.
- Electrically powered for quick and easy relaxation.
- A heavy-duty built with tough materials that will last with regular use.
- Soft and lavish fabric that is easy to maintain and clean.
- There is a USB port on the activation switch for charging electronic devices.
- The wall-saver mechanism saves you space.
- A lay-flat Premium mechanism is allowing you to lay down flat in a position for sleeping, similar to a bed.
A plush and cozy overstuffed recliner from one of the top brands, Catnapper, that is made for sleeping on.
- There are three color options available in soft fabric upholstery.
- Chaise power recline into full recline for comfortable sleeping.
- Full layout function.
- The steel seat box and steel frame ensure no warping, splitting and long-lasting durability.
- Thickly padded with comfortable foam.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best recliners to sleep in?
There are numerous recliners you can sleep in comfortably, but the ideal models offer options that are a perfect fit for you. You must consider the size, your preferred material (upholstery included), key functions, and other additional features so you do not end up being uncomfortable and dissatisfied.
How do you sleep comfortably in a recliner?
For utmost comfort when sleeping in a recliner, ensure that the recliner is in a fully reclined position. That is, the chair is fully extended, and the footrest is raised. It is also best to sleep on your back, not on the sides. You can also bring in support materials such as pillows to help you sleep better.
Is it OK to sleep in a recliner chair every night?
Sleeping in a recliner chair every night is healthier for some persons than others. It depends on your preferred sleeping style and the health challenges you may be experiencing. For Seniors with health issues, recliners help a lot. Sleeping in them every night will prove to be quite beneficial. For those who are used to sleeping on the bed on their sides, it’s advisable not to nap in recliners every night to avoid musculoskeletal complications.
Can sleeping in a recliner cause blood clots?
Usually, sleeping in a recliner should not cause any harm. Still, in some cases, people can experience blood clots (a situation that occurs if your arms or legs are unmoved for hours) when they use unsuitable recliners or sleep in the wrong positions. Consult your physician as soon as you experience any health issues from the use of your furniture.
Please Rate this Article:
Table of Contents
- Best Rated Recliners for Sleeping To Buy in 2020:
- A Look at Causes of Body Stiffness and Pain
- How Can A Sleeper Recliner Provide Pain Relief?
- Characteristics for a Good Recliner for Sleeping
- Reviews: The Best Recliner for Sleeping
- Merax Leather Lift Recliner Sturdy Steel Sleeper Lift Recliner Chair
- Human Touch Full Body Massage Sleeper Kneading Massage Sleeper Recliner Chair
- Signature Design Contemporary Ashley Ludden Power Rocker Recliner
- Yodolla Niagara Electric Power Recliner Chair for Naps
- Lifestyle Power Recliner for Sleeping
- Catnapper Cloud 12 Sleeping Recliner
- Frequently Asked Questions